cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have written a skin designers guide for the plugin;
    XFactorFanartHandlingSkinnersGuide - x-factor - Use X-Factor Fanart Handler Plugin In Your Skin. - Project Hosting on Google Code

Current status of the plugin is
    The plugin is now fully working but needs testing and a bit fine tuning. Some properties to the MP Configuration part of the plugin is also required. But most of the development is done if no major bugs occur. I will provide a Beta release of this plugin for skinners to test. More on this soon;)

cheers
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi cul8er ! excelent work as allwase ... Thank You for this plugin , it is a big upgred for MP...:D

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will provide a Beta release of this plugin for skinners to test. More on this soon
    Although I kinda left the whole skinning bit to the rest of the community (no longer actively developing aMPed, takes up to much of my time and can't keep my promises) I'd still really, really like to beta test this beauty for you, so see this as an application.
    And :D again!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey cul8er - I'd also be happy to test the beta for you. We have all the backdrops supported by your plugin, and more, currently working in aMPed, so I can give it a pretty good test.

Have you given any thought to a 'generic' backups property/folder(s)? Perhaps just one property that can be defined in the plugin to go to whatever folder the skin wishes? For example, in aMPed I use specific backdrops for each theme that look best with that theme and work well on BasicHome screens when say News or System items are highlighted. They could then also be used as backdrops in the plugin xml as well.

BTW, there is a typo on your Wiki page - "#xfactor.fanart.movie.backdrop1.selected" and "#xfactor.fanart.movie.backdrop2.selected" refer to the "thumbs\Skin Fanart\games" folder. Love that copy and paste! :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Cul8er, thanks for creating this. I'm gonna try it with StreamedMP to add currently selected music artist backdrop when browsing my music database view.

EDIT: This isn't working for me, I'm using MP1.0.2 with StreamedMP skin, I am using your plugin to add currently play artist image (From MP thumbs directory) to background in mymusicplayingnow.xml

I have all my artist images in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Music\Artists
    This is the default directory for artists grabbed using the audioscrober plugin.

I copied + enabled the Xfactor Fanart Handler process plugin
    Selected Fan Art Sources:
    [X] MP Aritst Thumbs
    [ ] MP Album Thumbs
    [ ] XFactor Fanart Directory
    Use Fanart in Now playing overlay
    [ ] Use fanart in overlay

I then added the following control to mymusicplayingnow.xml

<control>
    <description>music background image</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>0</posX>
    <posY>0</posY>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <texture>#xfactor.fanart.music.backdrop1.play</texture>
    </control>

However it is not loading any backgrounds. Do I need more than just the process plugin?

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you guys already got a test version of the fanart handler?
    Or did you just grab the compiled DLLs from google code? I tried that too myself but it seems like those DLLs are not compiled against 1.1beta1 so I can't seem to get it to work.
    Maybe I'll grab the source and compile myself when I have the time

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have updated first post with link to Beta1. Please respect that this is for skinners wanting to help testing the plugin and NOT FOR END USERS. The plugin IS NOT ready to be used by end users and included in skins.

Best Regards
    cul8er

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Was just testing this (on MP 1.1 beta1) and got this in error log, not sure what XML it fails on;
    [collapse]
    2009-11-27 15:50:32.706905 [Info.][MPMain]: XFactor Fanart Handler starting.
    2009-11-27 15:50:32.707905 [Debug][MPMain]: XFactor Fanart Handler is using Fanart: True, Album Thumbs: True, Artist Thumbs: True.
    2009-11-27 15:50:32.947919 [Info.][MPMain]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (Start): System.Xml.XmlException: De begincode control op regel 49 komt niet overeen met de eindcode controls. Regel 74, positie 5.
    bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
    bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
    bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
    bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
    bij System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    bij System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument.LoadFromReader(XmlReader reader, XmlSpace space)
    bij System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(String uri, XmlSpace space)
    bij System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(String uri)
    bij XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.setupWindowsUsingRandomImages()
    bij XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.Start()
    [/collapse]
    I guess somewhere I have some malformed xml but I'm not sure what it's parsing.

----EDIT----
    Not sure what's up but I had the above in streamedMP (my own version) whch does not show up when I have fanart handler disabled, so I would guess that the skinfile is actually ok.
    Now I went on to test it in monochrome, there it does not show the error but it does give me another error
    [collapse]
    2009-11-27 16:01:27.381350 [ERROR][MPMain]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (UpdateImageTimer): System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
    bij XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.UpdateProperties()
    bij XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.UpdateDummyControls()
    bij XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.UpdateImageTimer()
    [/collapse]
    It might have to do with the fact that I'm on Win 7 (x64)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for testing the plugin. The first error is as you say because you have an invalid xml file in that skin. The plugin parses every xml file in a skin folder to find the "define" tags for the random images. If an xml file has an error you will get this error. I will make the error handling better here.

About the second error. The reason is that eighter you do not have all the folders below or some of these folders are empty. I will fix this error as well.
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\games
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\movies
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\music
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\pictures
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\plugins
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\scorecenter
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\tv

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread