Status
Not open for further replies.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
:D alot cul8er, makes sense.
So if there's an invalid file (could be some old deprecated file of whatever plugin I do not use anymore) I can imagine but could you maybe provide the tool with some way of tracing down this file. It say which line and stuff it doesn't mention the filename, so I'd have to go hunt for it :)
It could be something simple like wrong encoding used for some characters somewhere that might already break the parser ?!

The second error still persists even though I have the directory structure like you described, however there's nothing in the directories (yet)

---EDIT----
Second error is gone after putting in images in those directories

---EDIT2---

Got it working now in monochrome, :D again Cul8er really love this stuff!
Regarding the malformed skin file I have somewhere I'll probably throw it in php simple xml and see what file throws errors but still it might be a nice (and not to difficult/lots of work to implement) addition for the plugin

----EDIT3---
Found the malformed skin file with php simple xml so I got it going in streamedMP as well.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have updated the plugin so that it now handles if any of the fanart folders are empty. The plugin now also skips invalid xml files but writes a log entry with the invalid filename so that you can change it if you like.

cheers
    cul8er

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\games
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\movies
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\music
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\pictures
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\plugins
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\scorecenter
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\tv

is this the app data thumbs directory
    ie XP = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi,
    just try it, for the music part ..work excelent ... relly look good ... love it...

:D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you, ysmp.

I have now updated to Beta version 1.2 (small bug fix when music is playing and you browse other music in myMusicGenres.xml.

If no one have any issues to report I will soon release the plugin as version 1.0, so please report any issues you have found as soon as possible.

best regards
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi,

Thank you, ysmp.

I have now updated to Beta version 1.2 (small bug fix when music is playing and you browse other music in myMusicGenres.xml.

If no one have any issues to report I will soon release the plugin as version 1.0, so please report any issues you have found as soon as possible.

best regards
    cul8er

hi cul8er ! just try viersion 1.2 agin i only music ,all work great , itest it abut 30 mints and i move arownd all defrent menu no proplem
    with music geners her ... i use mp 1.0.2 win xp .
    thank's,

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey Cul8er,

I had this from the start (well after I had it working everywhere ;)) and not sure by what it's caused but I do suspect something. This is in error.log
    [collapse]
    2009-11-30 19:05:38.996267 [ERROR][28]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (UpdateImageTimer): System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: De index valt buiten het bereik. Deze mag niet negatief zijn en moet kleiner zijn dan de grootte van de verzameling.
    Parameternaam: index
    bij System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
    bij XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.HandleOldImages(ArrayList& al)
    bij XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.UpdateDummyControls()
    bij XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.UpdateImageTimer()
    [/collapse]
    Now for what I suspect, I have only checked the use music fanart dir checkbox and unchecked the other music fanart options cause the images are not really suitable for full screen display (to low a res but I might think of some other way to use them eventually, like the option ;) maybe not displaying those not fullscreen somewhere).
    However I do not have fanart in that music directory for every artist.
    I have noticed that sometimes for whatever reason some of my images do not load in my music genres. Everytime I see this happen this error is in my log. So I suspect that the plugin is trying to access a non existing array index (with maybe a negative value or some boolean or whatever) because I do not have the image (yet) for the artist.
    To not have a black bg show in streamedmp I have another "default" image displayed (the normal mixer panel image that streamedmp uses) below the fanart.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    joz - I had the same problem, with a lot of the fanart not being high enough res for fullscreen useage. I am doing something like this - click to get around the lower res. Theatre skin also does something similar - click

+1 For setting minimum resolution

I would have the following settings for the music thumbs directory, that can be left blank if wanted.
    MinimumWidth = XX / Minimun Height = XX
    Minimum AR = XX / Maximun AR = XX

Some images are profile aspect ratio, so with fullscreen scretch they look awful. I guess the minimun height and maximun aspect ratio are not 100% necessary, unless someone setup a skin that displayed the music fanart in a profile shaped window.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I think i've found a workaround for the persisting overlapping fanarts when a screen with fanart is called back.

Adding two lines:

Code:
    <control>
    			<description>DUMMY CONTROLL FOR FANART 1 VISIBILITY CONDITION</description>
    			<type>label</type>
    			<id>91919291</id>
    			<posX>0</posX>
    			<posY>0</posY>
    			<width>1</width>
    			[COLOR="Red"]<visible>yes</visible>[/COLOR]
    		</control>

<control>
    			<description>DUMMY CONTROLL FOR FANART 2 VISIBILITY CONDITION</description>
    			<type>label</type>
    			<id>91919292</id>
    			<posX>0</posX>
    			<posY>0</posY>
    			<width>1</width>
    			[COLOR="Red"]<visible>no</visible>[/COLOR]
    		</control>

Thanks for this fantastic plugin!

Tgx

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread