Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Does it make sense if I add code to the plugin so it only uses fanart images that are 1024x576 or higher resolution? And since we are starting to share images of what we are doing with the plugin ;) here is an example from x-factor.

cheers
    cul8er

Attachments

• new_now_playing.jpg
      new_now_playing.jpg
      169 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi joz,

I found the index problem and have fixed it. Beta 2 is now available.

best regards
    cul8er

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi, Does it make sense if I add code to the plugin so it only uses fanart images that are 1024x576 or higher resolution?
    Well, 4:3 skins do not use hi res images. I reduce all backdrops to 720x405 (16:9) since it almost doubles the performance and you can't tell the difference on smaller TVs. Also, since almost none of the MP Artist/Album images meet that criteria, I guess you would eliminate that option in Config?

I have been testing quite a lot, and I am really thrilled with the results so far (still have more to test!). Once I get this all implemented it is going to save me tons of work, so thanks tons cul8er!!!

What are you doing for default backdrops? I mean when there is no movie backdrop. I just displayed a default image, but the plugin does not transition to it nicely. All the fade animations work great until I hit a movie with no backdrop image, then, in MyVideos, it just 'pops' off, i.e. the hidden fade does not seem to work. It would be so much nicer if the plugin faded to the default backdrop nicely.

Have you considered supporting MyFilms Fanart? Your plugin works much better than the Fanart option in MyFilms which has always been a bit buggy. I tried to get xfactor fanart handler to work with MyFilms, but no luck so far.

Oh, one more question :). What are you guys doing about portrait size (i.e. higher than wider) Artist Images from Last.fm? Or are you just turning off the MP Artist Images?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Dadeo,

I didn't think about that. Thank you for your feedback. I will add an option to the configuration part so users can set a minimum resolution themselves.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Beta 2 has a bug so please do not use it. I will correct it soon. Next version will also have a default backdrop (that you set in configuration) to solve the problem Dadeo mentions above.

cheers
    cul8er

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow, thanks for adding the default backdrop! That was fast! Alas, I already tried Beta 2 and overwrote Beta 1! Could not open MP..I guess I get a break from testing till the new version is ready LOL!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Dadeo,

Sorry for that. New version in about an hour;)

About the default backdrop. There is a problem with that. If you have a default backdrop it will prevent you from having random cycling images (for example for movies) in case no backdrop is available for that particular movie...makes the skins a bit boring.. I think I will do it this way instead;
    * if fanart available show it
    * if no fanart is available then fade old fanart and the it is up to very skin to hava one image (or cycling images) behind that will then be shown. The visibility tag of that controll would be:
    <visible>![control.isvisible(91919291)|control.isvisible(91919291)]</visible>
    with these animations.
    <animation effect="fade" start="10" end="100" time="1000" delay="80" reversible="false">Visible</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="900" reversible="false">Hidden</animation>

What do you think of this?

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Version Beta2.1 is now available;)

cheers
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi cul8er ! i try v2.1 and have some problem ,first tack mp to open abut 20 sec more then regilar .
    secend if i go to music now playing first time all o.k if i go out and in or nevgait to other part of mp and back to music plaing now ,
    some time you see fanart some time not ...

I MOST SAY V1.2 WAS WORKING THE BEST FOR ME , as all wase i only test the music part .

please see error log :

2009-12-01 21:31:34.515625 [ERROR][MPMain]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (SetupFilenames): System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\games'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.SetupFilenames(String s, String filter, Hashtable& ht)
    2009-12-01 21:31:34.515625 [ERROR][MPMain]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (SetupFilenames): System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\movies'.
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.SetupFilenames(String s, String filter, Hashtable& ht)
    2009-12-01 21:31:48.234375 [ERROR][MPMain]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (SetupFilenames): System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\pictures'.
    2009-12-01 21:31:48.234375 [ERROR][MPMain]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (SetupFilenames): System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\scorecenter'.
    2009-12-01 21:31:50.156250 [ERROR][MPMain]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (SetupFilenames): System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\tv'.
    2009-12-01 21:31:50.156250 [ERROR][MPMain]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (SetupFilenames): System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\plugins'.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi ysmp,

I canot reproduce the now playing issue. Can this be a skinning issue? Please attach your xml so that I can look at it.

About the error;
    This is because there are some folders that are required. They must exist even if you do not use them, and you can leave them empty, but them must exist. Please make sure these folders all exist (the MPI installer that will come with the plugin will create the folders for version 1);
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\games
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\movies
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\music
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\pictures
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\plugins
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\scorecenter
    thumbs\Skin FanArt\tv

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread