Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    With 2.2. beta - loading is fine for me. As you said, it is as fast as beta 1.2 was. All is working in MyVideo Titles now, including the lovely fade for default backdrop - thank you!

I have updated the wiki so that it reflects current status of the plugin.
    Um, I could not find anything in the Wiki about default resolution??? Am I looking in the wrong place?

If you have a default backdrop it will prevent you from having random cycling images (for example for movies) in case no backdrop is available for that particular movie...makes the skins a bit boring.
    A very controversial point!!! LOL! I tried random backdrops in aMPed but many of our 'testers' found the random cycling backdrops confusing when in most cases the backdrop relates to the selected movie or artist and then suddenly they get a random image not related to the movie or artist. I am planning to get this set up so users can select which method they prefer - default backdrop or random image! Or could you do this in the plugin?

The ability in Config to select default resolution is great, however, as kiwijunglist pointed out it is not workable for artist images downloaded from Last.fm via Audioscrobbler plugin. If only that plugin could be set to select just widescreen images of a certain resolution! Since it can't, perhaps you could add one more resolution that would work for last.fm images? Right now, the resolution options jump from 0x0 to 640x360. In checking my 3,900+ Artist Images even the 'large' images from last.fm are rarely larger than 640x360, so either I have to use 0x0 or no images will display. I am not sure what resolution to suggest that would work. Any ideas kiwijunglist? All I can think of is a separate resolution for MP Artist/Album Images.

God help us we need a decent music fanart download plugin! Then this would all work perfectly. I believe Chris is working on something for MusicVideos plugin, but I don't know if that will be a solution. JBurnette had done something in the old MVids plugin that did find just widescreen (i.e. fanart style) images from Last.fm, but I am not sure how that worked. Personally I cannot face downloading over 2,500 artist fanarts so I put up with the last.fm artist images and just 'convert' the worst ones to fanart or replace them with proper fanart from htbackdrops or somewhere. I guess eventually I will have done them all LOL!

OK I am moving on to Music now. I'll report back soon!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

ysmp;
    Thanks for your report. I found the error and it is now corrected in version 2.3

Dadeo;
    I have added resolution 200x200 and 400x400 to the list. About downloading fanart, I'm currently looking into it but no promises. I think if I continue with downloading fanart I will never be able to release a new version fo my x-factor skin;)

best regards
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi cul8er ! excelent ..work great ... v2.3 perfect....:D

no error log any more ...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If I was incharge of designing the handling of my music fanart i would do the following

What image(s) do you want to display? (list is tickboxes)
    [X] image matches from [...] folder (images that match the currently selected artist (shares view) or currently playing artist (now playing window)
    [X] last.fm/audioscrobber artist images (ie. the mediaportal thumbs artist images folder)
    [ ] display random image from [...] folder, (if suitable matching artist image / last.fm is available then plugin will default to that image)
    [X] choose default image to display if no images available [...]

What is the minimun width? [...]
    What is the minimun height? [...]
    What is the minimun aspect ratio? [...]
    What is the maximun aspect ratio? [...]

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    genre sounds good, but personally when i think about it, i don't think i would want genre based backgrounds while browsing music shares/now playing window. But that is just me, and i'm sure others would like music genre matched background images.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I think if I continue with downloading fanart I will never be able to release a new version fo my x-factor skin
    I can totally relate :p, but I don't see why you need a new version of x-factor - how do you improve on perfection? :D

I'm in the music section now (GROAN!) and I have it all working nicely including fading to default image. However, I have one suggestion. If all images (MP Album, Artist and Music Fanart) are enabled in config, currently the plugin displays the album image first, then the artist image, then the fanart. I would suggest reversing the order as most often you want to see the fanart if you have any. Is that possible/easy to do? Even better if user can select which order, but hey! "Beggars...." and all.

I have some problems with 'matching' selected images. I think you are using character strings to match? Because my NOW 53 album is displaying for Tatu (yeah I will change it to T.a.t.u.) because it is listed in thumbs\albums as Status Quo-Now, Vol. 53.jpg. Maybe you should only be matching on words?

Hey kiwi, I agree completely with your approach, but let's not ask too much of cul8er. Once we get everything working, we can perhaps entice him to make enhancements :D

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yea, don't get me wrong i fully appreciate the work! i think the non exact matching idea is really cool too.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    genre sounds good, but personally when i think about it, i don't think i would want genre based backgrounds while browsing music shares/now playing window. But that is just me, and i'm sure others would like music genre matched background images.

My suggestion involved using genre as a backup when artist image is missing. I would prefer having a relevant, dynamically chosen default image instead of just a placeholder.

Emph

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes I like the non exact matching too! And I realized after I posted above that you cannot match on 'words' as I suggested or you won't find TatuL.jpg for example. If I have to put up with a few incorrect matches, it is not a big deal in exchange for all the advantages.

EDIT: BTW Cul8er the new resolution option is working nicely for me - giving me only the better quality album covers and artist images. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom