Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Dadeo,

Sorry for that. New version in about an hour;)

About the default backdrop. There is a problem with that. If you have a default backdrop it will prevent you from having random cycling images (for example for movies) in case no backdrop is available for that particular movie...makes the skins a bit boring.. I think I will do it this way instead;
    * if fanart available show it
    * if no fanart is available then fade old fanart and the it is up to very skin to hava one image (or cycling images) behind that will then be shown. The visibility tag of that controll would be:
    <visible>![control.isvisible(91919291)|control.isvisible(91919291)]</visible>
    with these animations.
    <animation effect="fade" start="10" end="100" time="1000" delay="80" reversible="false">Visible</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="900" reversible="false">Hidden</animation>

What do you think of this?

best regards
    cul8er

Sounds good, as long as the default backdrop does not show when the two fanart backdrops are fading in and out. I was having that problem when I tried, but your conditional visibility should solve that. Thanks!

I'm having the same problem as ysmp with opening MP, it is normal until it gets to "Starting plugins" then memory hits 98% (I have 2GB). Is it loading all the images??? I have about 1,000 images in Skin Fanart\Movies. :) It took more like 2 minutes for me and then MP opened, but it still says "Starting Plugins" Memory is back to normal, (37%) but the HDD is going nuts. I could not get it to stop without cancelling MP.

EDIT: Just double checked and I have all the folders.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

It is the new thing with resolution that is causing this. I don't load all images but I need to check every image if it meets minimum requirements. Bad programming here, sorry for that. I will move the check so that it is done prior to loading the actual image and not checking very image on startup. New version later tonight.

best regards
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi cul8er !
    1- i fix the folder ,this now seams o.k.
    2-abut open mp still thir ,abut 20 ~30 sec , for me it stok in " Initializing Input Devices.." ( i have abut 360 fanart in my music folder
    not like Dadeo that have 1,000 )
    3-abut now playing in out ,,,i try meny time ..and now seams o.k .
    4-i got now only 1 error ....

2009-12-01 22:40:52.546875 [ERROR][24]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (getRandomFilename): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.GetRandomFilename(Hashtable ht, Int32& randomCounter, String& prevImage, Random& randNum)

thank's,

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Personally I think some caching is appropriate here so you don't rescan stuff when the last cache time is higher then modified date.
    Maybe overkill but, sqlite db?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    guys a few things :

for sure the resolution macking the problam , as i say in version 1.2 all was working good and fast ,
    if canot solve it ,how abut to mack 2 plugin 1 for high resolution and 1 for 4*3 resolution ,user can choose ...

and abut the no fanart, i solve it by chooseing one nice backdrop as backgrownd for music now playing ,fix it in the xml ,and it's work
    fine ...

just my Thoughts...

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Now I think all outstanding issues are resolved. Startup on my system is fast as on the Beta 1.2 version. Fading is smoth and transition when moving to for example an artist that have no fanart are solved in the skin by having a multiimage in the background and controlling its visibility against the fanart image controls.

Please test and let me know if you find it better/faster and please continue to report issues.

I don't think caching will be needed as I only query the filesystem once on startup for all filnames (and that is quite fast). The resolution check is now performed when I'm about to display the image.

best regards
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi cul8er ! for sure mach better ... mp load very fast now ,
    seams to me all o.k now ... maybe i also sleepy little her it's layt ..

any way im off ,

Thank you ,for the plugin .

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have updated the wiki so that it reflects current status of the plugin.

cheers
    cul8er

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does it make sense if I add code to the plugin so it only uses fanart images that are 1024x576 or higher resolution?

I disagree with the res limit. Most of the images from audioscrobber plugin scraper are lower than that, but still are workable as fanarts, especially if your fanart only uses a portion of the screen. This is why I would advocate for a user definable limit. With the way I am hoping to use the fanart (see below), lower res fanart still looks acceptable.

mod08.jpg

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi cul8er ! i got 1 error , it's strange only in one artist ,all other i try v2.2 work fine ...? this artist have 10 fanarts and thay cycle 1,2,3 then stop
    on fanart #3 and stay view all time ,when i play this artist ....

edit : i got back to v1.2 and this artist work fine all 10 fanart cycle.

the error :
    2009-12-02 10:56:02.906250 [ERROR][8]: XFactor Fanart Handler, Error (getFilename): System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
    at System.Collections.Hashtable.HashtableEnumerator.MoveNext()
    at XFactorFanartHandler.Class1.GetFilename(Hashtable& ht, String key, String& currFile, Int32& iFilePrev, Int32& iCount)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom