Feature Request - Option to disable 'STOP live TV' dialog (1 Viewer)

momeijer

Portal Member
February 16, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I would like to do a feature request to have the option to remove the 'Do you really want to STOP live TV?' dialog.

Personally for me it is like 'Do you really want to power off your television?' being asked when you just want to power off by remote. Besides that, when the television runs in a smaller window while browsing music or pictures it stops immediately when stop is pushed. Would be great to have this option available running full screen.

Thanks.

Michael

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I agree it's unnecessary to have this dialog (and inconsistent behavior, as you mentioned), but it's also easy to get past. You don't have to hit Stop, then Yes. Just clicking Stop a second time stops it. I am in the habit of just double-clicking the Stop button on the remote.

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    FYI, until/if it becomes a feature, my workaround is to have EventGhost issue two Stop commands via the MessagePlugin.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Never noticed this problem, as 4TheRecord just stops playback with a single keypress, so must relate to tvplugin used.

Think this should be optional, but personally do not see why need a dialogue in the first place, then you lose consistancy with normal video playback :confused:

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Think this should be optional, but personally do not see why need a dialogue in the first place, then you lose consistancy with normal video playback :confused:

Video playback isn't really comparable; if you (or the cat/kid/wife) by mistake stop a video you just have to start it again while if you stop TV you can't 'undo' it. Personally I've grown fond of this feature.

//W

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think requiring Stop to be pressed twice is sufficient to avoid accidental stops, without needing a dialog. Just a time window during which the second Stop has to be received should do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom