Features for MP-TV Series 2.0 :) (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi ltfearme,

I cannot reproduce your sql errors? The very same sql commands work fine on both my htpc and my dev. machine. Whats diff. between the pcs on your end? Anything else you could tell me about it?

The config problems and unsaved option to delete files I am aware of. Either JonJon or I will fix those before the release ;-)

Another question, In the latest svn I'M loading more images into graphics memory instead of loading it from disk each time, which significantly speed up browsing for me, especially for seasons. However, after a bit of browsing around, I noticed missing graphics (like no series banner displayed, no logos displayed randomly). I assume this is because I've simply run out of available graphics memory. Does the same happen to you and how much gfx memory do you have?

Inker

PS: Thanks for all the testing your doing, please keep it up!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi ltfearme,
    I cannot reproduce your sql errors? The very same sql commands work fine on both my htpc and my dev. machine. Whats diff. between the pcs on your end? Anything else you could tell me about it?
    Not much to tell, one is a development box and one is a clean HTPC environment running with both the same version of Media Portal and the plugin.

I don't know what I did to get the SQL errors on my HTPC, on both machines I deleted the databases, installed the latest svn and did a Started Importing.

After deleting the database again and running the import I haven't seen the problem.

Im not sure how it could get into that state but will give you more information if I see it again.

Inker said:
    Another question, In the latest svn I'M loading more images into graphics memory instead of loading it from disk each time, which significantly speed up browsing for me, especially for seasons. However, after a bit of browsing around, I noticed missing graphics (like no series banner displayed, no logos displayed randomly). I assume this is because I've simply run out of available graphics memory. Does the same happen to you and how much gfx memory do you have?

I have seen the graphics issues your describing on my dev box, but this is when I have photo-shop loaded and have already exceeding available physical memory so I put it down to that as the cause. I've seen all series images disappear when testing with different Fan Art and crashes when entering My TV Series.

I have not see this problem with my HTPC which is a very clean operating environment and running with much better hardware than my dev box (see system link on left)

The development box has a Nvidia 6800GT with 256MB and the HTPC has a 8600GT with 256MB. The HTPC has double the RAM and better CPU as well.

Cheers,
    Damien

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think I may know what was the cause of the 'Commit Failures', I can reproduce that error by deleting a Series from the Configuration. I was able to do this on both PCs.

Come to think of it, that is probably what I did to get the original problem. I remember stuffing up on my HTPC during Import by selecting the wrong series. I then needed to delete the series and run import again.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Back to topic, some suggestions for future release:

* Import/Export of Favorites, similar to the logo and watched functionality
    * Create backup log file with (*.bak) extension instead of whacking old file when Media Portal is restarted.
    * Ability to Edit the Menu seen when clicking the info button e.g. Delete action is the most common thing I like to do but I need to drill down into the action sub-menu to get to it.

Cheers
    Damien

JonJon

Portal Member
    April 30, 2007
    Home Country
    * 'Delete Physical File(2) when deleting database entries' check box does not remember setting when dialog is closed

* Views controls do not re-size accordingly when Log window is expanded, possible repaint issue.

* Need a little bit more space between the log window and the Import controls (start import button, progress bar and log drop down) when expanded

* Controls in the Display control tab don't resize horizontally correctly

All these should be fixed in latest SVN, also included '%' after the "An episode is watched after" textbox.

If anyone is interested in testing and giving me feedback then take a look at Import Settings -> parsing expressions. You'll notice a 'build' link that will load the new simple expression builder. This doesn't actually save the expression but would like to see what ppl thought and get suggestions to improve it.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi JonJon, I still notice the small issue in the Views Tab when the log window is toggled. You can reproduce easily enough by making the dialog smaller so the log window will overlap.

With the 'Episode Listing format' text boxes in the 'Media Portal display control' tab, they are not aligned with ones above. You also may want to limit the min width of the dialog such that the text for 'Hide episode summary...' doesn't get truncated. All the other horizontal resizing issues are resolved :)

I have also noticed something new, the logos no longer get displayed in the Details tab.

Cheers
    Damien

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom