Features for MP-TV Series 2.0 :) (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Added: Configuration now remembers Size (and starts out much smaller)
    This is giving me issues now with resizing the screen. I use 800x600 and the log window shows only 1 line - there is no way to drag it up and resize, like it was before.
    Also the database tree cannot be resized and part of it is outside the screen - not accessible.
    Hmm, ok I'll spend some more time on it...

Added: Field <Episode.PrettyLocalPlaytime> that displays in MM:confused:S (of course only if your local files was readable by mediaInfo)
    Thank you for this.
    I have noticed that some episodes have value for localplay like "5019853.000", others do not have those ".000". PrettyLocalPlaytime returns 00:00 for those that have ".000"
    Is that on the fly calculated value?
    Yes, its calculated on the fly. Probably a region thingy with . vs , when interpreting.

The issue where the fanart appears only for a moment and then disapears seems to be linked to "random select existing coverart". I noticed that this error shows randomly, and exiting the series, and reentering shows the proper fanart. This I tested with series that has only 1 fanart.
    Hard to trace, but thanks for the report.
    Another function which would be nice to have is to be able during watching of episode to do a screencap and save it to the thumbs folder. It would of course get a linked entry in the database.
    Automatic upload to thetvdb.com would be a dream, but we do not have to go THAT far :)

Maybe in version 3.0 ;-)

And please stop argueing over which method of parsing is better. Binary64 simply chose a different path which seems to work equally well but is actually harder to code. However, since we already have a different way of doing things here that works (and because I'm not an equally good coder as binary), I'm going to stick to regex for now.

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For anime series (with often don't have seasons) it could be usefull if it just would assume automatically a season no. 1 if there isn't any season information.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Reworked: Config window, hopefully its better to resize now and the log window shows properly
    Fixed: Invalid Parsing Expression will now hopefully be auto-corrected + made parsing a bit safer if one expression fails
    Fixed: <Episode.PrettyLocalPlaytime> sometimes failed/displayed wrong values
    Fixed: When importing > 1000 Files at once, an SQL error occured (hopefully fixed)
    Fixed: Error where sometimes an SQL updated would fail
    Fixed: Count as watched when > percentage wasn't working at all (thnx jonjon for the fix)

If all goes well I want to release a bug fixing Version 1.1.5 or something before the weekend. I think everything major is fixed now?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If all goes well I want to release a bug fixing Version 1.1.5 or something before the weekend. I think everything major is fixed now?

Is this the latest SVN that those fixes are in or do you need to download v1.1 again? I just tried the SVN and get an exception when I deleted my old database. I've attached Log.

Doesn't have problem when running with old database.

Damien

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Also the 'Delete Physical File check box' does not persist when shutdown i.e. its always unchecked when I want it checked.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004

Is this the latest SVN that those fixes are in or do you need to download v1.1 again? I just tried the SVN and get an exception when I deleted my old database. I've attached Log.

Doesn't have problem when running with old database.

Damien

WTF? Can anyone confirm?
    It fails building a new database.

err_duh

Portal Member
    April 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    For what its worth, it would be nice to have a way to burn an episode to CD/DVD and the mark the episode as archived and it would now to look at the CD/DVD Drive for the episode and if not found ask you to put in Disc.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    WTF? Can anyone confirm?
    It fails building a new database.

Hi Inker, I just tested the latest SVN (1.1.1.35726) and it no longer gives an exception. New Database is created successfully.

I will not comment on the config UI issues im seeing as this is a SVN release as your probably still working on it. I recommend you notify that it is ready for testing before making it a stable v1.1.5 release though just in case you miss something ;)

Really appreciating all the effort your putting into post v1.0 release .

Cheers
    Damien

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What's the config UI issue?

* If starting from no database the dialog does not resize, must be failing somewhere before the dialog items are configured on initialize

* 'Delete Physical File(2) when deleting database entries' check box does not remember setting when dialog is closed

* Views controls do not re-size accordingly when Log window is expanded, possible repaint issue.

* Need a little bit more space between the log window and the Import controls (start import button, progress bar and log drop down) when expanded

* Controls in the Display control tab don't resize horizontally correctly

I've attached some pics to illustrate, this is with the latest SVN

Im also concerned about all the commit failed entries in my log file (attached), happens on 1 of 2 of my pc's. As again, this is probably due to be getting a experimental svn build. I fixed the issue by deleting the database again, not sure why that fixed it.

Cheers
    Damien

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom