Features for MP-TV Series 2.0 :) (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Coming to a HTPC near you soon*:

previewog1.jpg

** may require more resources if used

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    <Episode.localPlaytime> in minutes or seconds?

I wish for the new version for a new field like <Episode.localPlaytime> but showing minutes (or some humar readable format).

I would like to display actual runtime next to each episode.

Other option is to implement calculation formulas where I could define for display for example: ([<Episode.localPlaytime>/60000] m)

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Can you describe the theory behind it? I have never used the Meedios plugin.

SmartSeriesSorter is c# code to parse an episode file name string into a full Series object. It supports 12 types of naming conventions including 1x01, S01E01, date formats like the daily show, and absolute numbers for anime. It also separates out the episode Name, series Name, and any scene tags (eg "[EN]").

The code's at https://meedios.svn.sourceforge.net...ns/binary64/SmartSeriesSorter/SmartSeriesCore

Please submit any tweaks or requests back, it's pretty much almost at 100% accuracy at least with my archive.

On the todo list is multi-episodes eg "S01E01E02" or "S01E01-06" or "Season 1"

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    SmartSeriesSorter is c# code to parse an episode file name string into a full Series object. It supports 12 types of naming conventions including 1x01, S01E01, date formats like the daily show, and absolute numbers for anime. It also separates out the episode Name, series Name, and any scene tags (eg "[EN]").

The code's at https://meedios.svn.sourceforge.net...ns/binary64/SmartSeriesSorter/SmartSeriesCore

Please submit any tweaks or requests back, it's pretty much almost at 100% accuracy at least with my archive.

On the todo list is multi-episodes eg "S01E01E02" or "S01E01-06" or "Season 1"

So you have formats that are hardcoded? Not to sound cocky (I honestly want to know), but how is this better than having regex to the work and be user custumizable at the same time? It's not like you have to write any regex yourself (but you can)?

Anyways, in the meantime, a new bugfixing build is up:

Code:
    Fixed: No Season Banner if only one Season
    Fixed: Network logo would not get displayed (actually any logo that relied on Series/Season wouldn't work)
    Fixed: Upgrade path of Expressions introduced errors....automatic upgrade now disabled, if you still get parsing errors (nothing gets recognized, nothing new gets imported etc. and the defaults used to work for you, please click the reset button in configuration)
    Fixed: Since user can define when an episode counts as watched (percentage) if a file is completely played, it wouldnt not count as watched
    Added: Configuration now remembers Size (and starts out much smaller)
    Added: Field <Episode.PrettyLocalPlaytime> that displays in MM:SS (of course only if your local files was readable by mediaInfo)
    Changed: Upon request removed the extra warning that files are about to be deleted if the option is set in configuration (do NOT come crying to me if you accidently delete your files)
    Also, because network logos didn't work in the 1.1 release, mirk and I overlooked something in the skin file, so go and grab this too if you want to use the build (or depending on what logos you use it might look weird).

Please test this so we can get rid of the (admitably somewhat rushed and thus buggy) 1.1 release :)

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    If you're a regex guru, regex is probably better. But i've already done the work here. It's just in c# not regex as the code.

I tend to think regex is only 99% as powerful as c#, or less. It's like parsing html using regex. It can 99% be done nicely, but regex can never meet the full HTML spec. Regex = regular expression.. file names of episodes are not regular.

In the end, I chose the tool I felt most comfortable with.

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    Fixed: Network logo would not get displayed (actually any logo that relied on Series/Season wouldn't work)
    Seems to be working now.

Added: Configuration now remembers Size (and starts out much smaller)
    This is giving me issues now with resizing the screen. I use 800x600 and the log window shows only 1 line - there is no way to drag it up and resize, like it was before.
    Also the database tree cannot be resized and part of it is outside the screen - not accessible.
    Added: Field <Episode.PrettyLocalPlaytime> that displays in MM:confused:S (of course only if your local files was readable by mediaInfo)
    Thank you for this.
    I have noticed that some episodes have value for localplay like "5019853.000", others do not have those ".000". PrettyLocalPlaytime returns 00:00 for those that have ".000"
    Is that on the fly calculated value?

The issue where the fanart appears only for a moment and then disapears seems to be linked to "random select existing coverart". I noticed that this error shows randomly, and exiting the series, and reentering shows the proper fanart. This I tested with series that has only 1 fanart.

Another function which would be nice to have is to be able during watching of episode to do a screencap and save it to the thumbs folder. It would of course get a linked entry in the database.
    Automatic upload to thetvdb.com would be a dream, but we do not have to go THAT far :)

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    gb wolf: i compared them because i was asked to.

inker.. further (i re-read your post).. yes formats are hard coded (but supposedly) flexible with the data they deal with. I try to write my plugins so that a below-average user can use it.. which rules out "enter regex here" options. Besides, there's already a 'regex plugin' if i wanted to use it.

anyway, good luck with it

scythelt

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    I try to write my plugins so that a below-average user can use it.. which rules out "enter regex here" options.

I've never once had to write a regex to use this plugin. The default regex's cover all the season naming examples you've described except the date condition, which I've never encountered in any of my filenames.

The average user should never need to touch a regex, let alone know what a regex is to use mp-tvseries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom