FilmInfo+ - A german movie details scraper with auto grouping (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I gave themoviedb a try now. It works really fast but I have two problems. In the most cases the script doesn't scrap certification but when it does, then it is not in German.
    I could certainly improve the scaper to get certification and release date for localised regions. Currently it gets the certification and release date from the US release only.

Is there a way to redirect the genre titles like "Liebesfilm" to "Liebe & Romantik"?
    As @RoChess mentioned there is no mapping system, but we could add an advance setting allowing for that. Currently themoviedb.org has the following German genres:

Code:
    {
      "genres": [
        {
          "id": 28,
          "name": "Action"
        },
        {
          "id": 12,
          "name": "Abenteuer"
        },
        {
          "id": 16,
          "name": "Animation"
        },
        {
          "id": 35,
          "name": "Komödie"
        },
        {
          "id": 80,
          "name": "Krimi"
        },
        {
          "id": 99,
          "name": "Dokumentarfilm"
        },
        {
          "id": 18,
          "name": "Drama"
        },
        {
          "id": 10751,
          "name": "Familie"
        },
        {
          "id": 14,
          "name": "Fantasy"
        },
        {
          "id": 36,
          "name": "Historie"
        },
        {
          "id": 27,
          "name": "Horror"
        },
        {
          "id": 10402,
          "name": "Musik"
        },
        {
          "id": 9648,
          "name": "Mystery"
        },
        {
          "id": 10749,
          "name": "Liebesfilm"
        },
        {
          "id": 878,
          "name": "Science Fiction"
        },
        {
          "id": 10770,
          "name": "TV-Film"
        },
        {
          "id": 53,
          "name": "Thriller"
        },
        {
          "id": 10752,
          "name": "Kriegsfilm"
        },
        {
          "id": 37,
          "name": "Western"
        }
      ]
    }

Just out of curiousity and to save me googling...what is the difference between "Liebesfilm" to "Liebe & Romantik" ?[/code]

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is similar, but I think the problem is that you would have two categories with the same type of movie in it. So you have to look into two categories for a movie or you have to update your database to have consistent category names. For me that would mean to recheck almost 2000 movies.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, it is similar. Some category names of Filminfo+ was a little bit different like themoviedb. Either someone can redirect the scrapping category names or I have to rename the previous scrapped movie categories and create new category images for them.

murks_muell

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    As this scraper is causing many problems for a long time now I started to imporove the script. It currently can fetch some movies which failed before.
    My problem is: Is there any reference about the commands these scraper can use? I couldn't find anything but examples. I would be glad to get it back to a working state but I need a reference about these 'scriptablescraper'.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    As this scraper is causing many problems for a long time now I started to imporove the script. It currently can fetch some movies which failed before.
    My problem is: Is there any reference about the commands these scraper can use? I couldn't find anything but examples. I would be glad to get it back to a working state but I need a reference about these 'scriptablescraper'.

Everything used to be on Google Code and then a separate domain, but then things went sideways a bit when Google Code killed itself, and only the source-code got moved to GitHub, so even the wiki needs some love.

The magic of Web Archive still gives you full access to the old materials, and one of these days if I ever feel bored enough I might do the massive copy-n-paste task to move it to GitHub, but it is open-source so anybody can assist if they wanted :whistle:

The primary help page you want is cached @
    There are also some undocumented features, because development progressed on GitHub was not reflected there, but if you have any specific questions just let me know. I've used quite a few in IMDb+ scraper-script that was used as the basis for FilmInfo, and I'm subscribed to this thread or you can DM.

Last edited:

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

murks_muell will you or are you updating the script? Is there any progress?

I would help with pleasure but I don't have a clue of programming.

murks_muell

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    Hi, sorry for not answering. As I my MP1 constantly runs worse every week for many months now I'm considering switching to MP2. MP1 is completely dead, nothing happens anymore and the things that worked for many years are breaking apart. That's what I see on my installation.
    So currently I won't spend any time on trying to fix the importer.
    Though, my observations were that the API that filminfo calls has a major flaw as it doesn't return the same result for every call. If you try to get a movie's details, it often first answers without summary. If you then wait some seconds and query again - you'll often also get the summary. It's completely undeterministic though unusable. My idea was to implement a loop with a small delay to circumvent this which would be a bad hack anyway. But as I said I'll not spend any time on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom