[FIXED] DVDs not showing up in currently watching (2 Viewers)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sure, I can do that later if you want? And I just checked the watched count is 0. I actually stopped it after the credits. I thought MovingPictures will count the movie as watched after half way through it or something? I could be wrong though.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It would seem that MovingPictures is at fault then as it didn't increment the watch count i.e. it didn't get as far as firing an event to say it had watched so any listeners did not receive a watched event, this explains why in the trakt log it simply 'cancels' watching.

I will take a look at the MovingPictures code to see if I can spot what the problem is (it's a little hard to debug since I dont use DVDs but will try read the code and see what is going on). I can also think about a work around for when DVDs are stopped by checking the state of MediaPortal player progress instead of relying on event from MovingPictures.

Let me get back to you with another test build with some extra logging first, I dont think it any use giving me logs as you have confirmed that the watched count is 0 which is enough for me to know its not working.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Yeah, now that you mention it. I guess it makes more sense that MovingPictures is indeed at fault here. I can't say the same for Blurays though. LAst time I played a Bluray (I think around Feb) it showed up just fine.

Also another weird thing that I've brought up before is whenever I add DVDs then go into my library via MePo it shows the runtime at a ridiculous length like 9 hours I've even had one in the past say it was 20 hours lol.

Though in the configuration window it shows runtime as normal. No biggie. More concerned with the watch count thingie.

Anyway I really appreciate it :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Also another weird thing that I've brought up before is whenever I add DVDs then go into my library via MePo it shows the runtime at a ridiculous length like 9 hours I've even had one in the past say it was 20 hours lol.
    Yep, that would be another MovingPictures bug. It most likely is adding up the runtime of all the videos on the DVD disc, and probably getting that wrong as well if it is 20hours o_O

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Sorry it took so long. My main DVD/Bluray drive has been acting silly. I used my secondary DVD drive (DVDs seem to skip when playing them on it) to rip a DVD to a folder on my external HDD. I played it via Moving Pictures from the HDD and it seemed to work. Does it matter if it's played from the disc or folder? It seemed to work though.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Does it matter if it's played from the disc or folder? It seemed to work though.
    I don't imagine it would make a difference as it's still a DVD file/folder structure with respect to how MovingPictures handles it. I could be wrong and guess will know more when you get your DVD player fixed.

To know for sure if it worked I would need to look at your logs to verify that it indeed took the code path with the workaround.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Sure, which logs will you need? And I'm gonna try my DVD rom again here shortly and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom