[FIXED] No PMT received - TV Server BUG (1 Viewer)

D

dm15644

Just to let you know, this morning the problem disappeared for me. Maybe the provider temporarly broadcasted corrupted data?

In the logs, switching to one of the former non-working channels now just looks like any channel switch. Still, if I could be of help to narrow the problem down, pls. let me know.

/jayrock

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to let you know, this morning the problem disappeared for me. Maybe the provider temporarly broadcasted corrupted data?

In the logs, switching to one of the former non-working channels now just looks like any channel switch. Still, if I could be of help to narrow the problem down, pls. let me know.

/jayrock

It could also depend on your hardware or the signal strength you are receiving, we will never know if this won't appear again for further testing purposes (let's not hope so :) ).

-level20peon

dekkers

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2006
    Maasdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TV-Server Version: 0.3 Rev14715
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0 Rev14715
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
    Windows Version: XP PRO SP2 English
    CPU Type: Core 2 Duo
    HDD: Seagate 80 GB Sata
    Memory: 2x 1024 DDR Dane Elec
    Motherboard: Intel DQ965
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel 965
    Motherboard Bios: 14.3.2007
    Video Card: Nvidia GF 7100GS
    Video Card Driver: Latest Forceware
    Sound Card: Trust SC-5250 SPDIF out
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: Latest (end 2004 :)
    1. TV Card: TechnoTrend Budget C-1500
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.4.10.18
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MP
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MP
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Caiway DTV
    HTPC Case: Plain ATX
    Cooling: Intel supplied cooler
    Power Supply: 250W ATX
    Remote: MCE
    TV: LG-37LC2R
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -HDMI

I'm using the latest version of the TV Engine but i still get those PMT errors.

- Did a clean installation of WinXP.
    - Installed every update available from WindowsUpdate
    - Installed all drivers, the latest version possible.
    - Installed MP + SVN
    - Installed TVE3 (offcourse latest SVN)

When starting MyTV i get the picture with no delaying, in my case channel "NED1".
    Then i change some channels, and suddenly BANG.. it just hangs, with almost no CPU usage. I have to kill mediaportal.exe manually otherwise it keeps stop responding.

The problem occurs only when zapping. When im watching a channel it displays the image and audio for ours without any problem.

- My coax cabling system is OK, all Hirschmann with amplifier/filters and connected trough F-connectors.
    - The signal strength is about 80, quality always 100
    - Technotrend Media Center doesnt have any problems zapping
    - Samsung Settopbox is running very well (and they suck when the signal is poor)

Right now Im out of options, maybe you can help me....

Update 30-5-2007 23:15

I called today the cable company. They did a signal check and found out the signal is as strong as possible (65dB on the wall outlet). The said if they forced up the signal, it would be too strong.

After that i did some testing with various kind of DVB applications (DVBdream, TT Media Center, MyTheatre). I was able to do some raw Transport Stream capturing. Since the file is approx. 20 MB I uploaded it to another server. http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~edekkers/raw_ts.dat.
    Maybe this info would help...

greetz
    dekkeres

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: SVN 14807 (08.06.2007)
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2 with SVN 14807 (08.06.2007)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP Professional MCE Edition with SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3400+ (AM2)
    HDD: Samsung 250GB
    Memory: 1GB DDR
    Motherboard: MSI Platinum Board
    Motherboard Chipset: nForce 570
    Motherboard Bios: Award
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 6600 GS
    Video Card Driver: nvidia V94.24
    Sound Card: On-Board
    Sound Card AC3: AC3 / optical SPDIF out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Technotrend S2-3200
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S and DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.0.2
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: nVidia PureVideo
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: nVidia PureVideo
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2 E
    HTPC Case: Ahanix MCE 601
    Cooling: power supply fan, CPU boxed cooler, 2 housing fans (all controlled by SpeedFan)
    Power Supply: Ahanix
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 525
    TV: Samsung LCD 32"
    TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D (VGA)

Hi,

I am observing this issue also from time to time. Only after standby/hibernate, but still it occurs. Please find attached the traces.

After resume from hibernate, I get "no audio/video detected". If I then change the channel, it starts working. However, the scrambled channel will not work afterwards...

Best regards,

Andreas

dekkers

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2006
    Maasdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

=============================================================================
    These problems coming from a bug wich is already in the Mantis.
    See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/channel_switching_timeshift_buffer_problem-t22494.html for futher information
    =============================================================================

Well Andreas maybe Iam a little bit late with this post.

As a mentioned on IRC probably my problems hasnt anything to do with the posts above. I did some testing on manually timeshift the channels within the tvserver setup. There its working fine so it isnt the TV server.

What i did (and maybe what you could try so we can find the problem) is as follows:

- Setup one (1) transponder on the card (in my case i have 4 DVB-C channels) by editing the tuning parameters.
    - On the tvserver setup --> manual control timeshift the channels. And change/zap the channels so the card needs to "load" new channels+PMT's.
    - Ad another transponder to the card so it has a total of 2 transponders (in my case 8 DVB-C channels).
    - Again, on the tvserver setup change the channels a lot of time. Be sure to change channels wich are on a different transponder.

When this works, the problem isnt the tvserver.
    ========================================================
    I'am facing the problem that MP is going totally wrong somehow on reading the timeshift buffer. When I tune in to a channel its begins reading the timeshift buffer, but after +/- 20 minutes i see the same ?!?! so its starts reading the beginning of the timeshift buffer again!.

When i change the channel, it crashes becouse it can't read the PMT;s. The reason it cant read the PMT's is it's still timeshifting the previous channel.

- Tune channel 1, reading timeshift buffer of channel one 1
    - After about 20 minutes, its going to read the beginning of channel 1 again
    - When i change the channel, it cant read the the PMTs of channel 2 becouse it's still timeshifting channel 1.
    - When you mannualy change the timeshit, then its reading channel 2, and timeshift channel 2.

Its a pretty complex problem, but i think we have to focus on MP and the TVserver-plugin instead of the TVserver itself. This week i'll try on IRC getting more info on this.

Greetz,

Dekkers

chrissooo

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: latest
    MediaPortal Version: latest
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue wide
    Windows Version: Win XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: Pendium 4 HT 2.8Ghz
    Memory: 2x512MB DDR2
    Video Card: MSI/ATI HD 2400Pro 256MB
    Video Card Driver: latest
    Sound Card: Realtek
    Sound Card AC3: Realtek
    Sound Card Driver: latest
    1. TV Card: Technotrend 1500 C
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: latest
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Latest Cyberlink + patch
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Latest Cyberlink + patch

Hi,
    since yesterday i have a PMT problem too, i thing.
    Here are the Logfiles.
    Working Channel:
    http://christof.pytalhost.de/tv_discovery.log
    Not working Channel:
    http://christof.pytalhost.de/tv_discovery_hd.log

I have wondert, becouse the first time was yesterday. At morning i install normaly the latest SVNs and test it.
    This non work channels have work very good. At the same Day, after work i will watch this channel. MP say me "No Sound/Video". I have test the other Channels, like Anixe HD, EuroHD1, ... all work! I have install a later SVN, i have rescan the channels (this channel dont find anymore). Nothing work.
    After this i test it width ProgDVB. And its work!
    After my test with ProgDVB i have compared the data in the channelproperty from TVServer Configuration with the Channelproperty from ProgDVB (the missing one in the configuration i have found in the Database). This are the same! (Frequency, NetworkID, TransponderID, ServiceID and Symbolrate).

I dont know what i can do now.

I hope someone can help me.

ADD:

now i have found 3 channels more.
    I thing my Cable Provider have change something in the streaming this channel and the TV-Server dont understand it.
    Is it possible catch the Stream with a another aplication like ProgDVB (becouse in MP its dont work)? I will make a download, then the developers can take a look on it.

chrissooo

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is my PID Record.
    I hope now can someone, maybe frodo add the support to read this PMTs

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom