follw.it shutdown. Any alternative which is not trakt.tv? (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Lehmden Ah, now you have explained it like that I think I understand a bit better.

Is it that you want to delete the whole 'watched' history, so you want Trakt to think that you never watched it?
    I have never tried that, so I am sure you must be 100% correct in identifying a bug.

I suppose, for me, I don't mind if it shows up as watched in my Trakt history, because it is an accurate record that I have watched it (or someone using one of my machines logged into that Trakt account has watched it). But with the option to toggle the watched flag to unwatched on a MP1 machine within the MP GUI it *should* still show as unwatched on all the MP1 machines logged into that Trakt account, so it can be re-watched if required.

I think that's right anyway, does that work for you?

lisa

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi.
    I think that's right anyway, does that work for you?
    No this also did not work here.

Okay, I just went and checked and this is what happened...

On the bedroom machine I went into TV Series and set an episode that I watched yesterday in the lounge as unwatched using the GUI, I then closed and re-opened MediaPortal on that machine (thought that might trigger a Trakt sync), it still showed as unwatched. Closed MediaPortal and put that machine to sleep.

Went downstairs to the lounge, opened MP on that machine, went into TV Series and the same episode, that I watched yesterday on the lounge machine and was showing as watched is now showing as unwatched.

A couple of reasons why this may work for me and not you..

1. For various reasons I am still using MP 1.6 on all machines,

2. I always close MediaPortal down and put the computer to sleep when I have finished watching it, then wake and re-open when I want to use it the next time, maybe this means that my Trakt account syncs more often?

I have to go to work now, but if you need logs or any other info to help to get this working for you, let me know and I'll post them later when I'm home.

lisa

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lehmden
    For me the whole process you explaind is working without any problem. I just run some testing with IE Browser.

Setting an whole series/season as watched or unwatched is not working or maybe I dosen't find an option for this.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As told, I've tried with Firefox, Chrome, IE and Opera, not even one of those was working...

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's in the TVSeries context menu 'Toggle Watched / Unwatched'

You mean within MP-TV-Series?
    From my experience it dosen't affect the watched status on Trakt if I set unwatched. I just had it done yesterday after changing watch status on Firefly to unwatched. On trakt homepage it's still listed as watched.

But maybe it's just an missconfiguration.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You mean within MP-TV-Series?
    Yep.

From my experience it dosen't affect the watched status on Trakt if I set unwatched.
    On the website it depends if you scrobbled or had it marked as 'seen'. A scrobble is kept as it has your watched history but behind the scenes its marked as unwatched so it can be synced across MediaCenters.

My guess is that you had scrobbled it. Test it on a series that you have just marked as seen instead e.g. Pick a series you havent watched at all, mark it as Watched in TVSeries GUI, confirm from website its Watched, then in GUI mark as Unwatched. It should be unwatched on website as well since there is no PLAY history.

In the next version of trakt website/api there will be ways to remove scrobbles from history as well (optionally). So I will expose that as an option for people that like to remove history as well without going to the website.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It's in the TVSeries context menu 'Toggle Watched / Unwatched'
    Yep in TVSeries, but this never is synced to trakt.

And on next sync the whole series is set back to watched again... So exactly what I DON'T want.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yep in TVSeries, but this never is synced to trakt.
    And on next sync the whole series is set back to watched again... So exactly what I DON'T want.
    You've lost the plot, do you even use MediaPortal 1 and Trakt plugin?

Next sync definitely does NOT set it back to watched again if you marked it as Unwatched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom