[fixed] Forced subtitles still not work (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yup,

I need to change my spec, i have change ATI to Nvidia very recently :)
    Ok i will try if i get crash :)
    Thanks.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Seb,

Just did a quick test with your latest dll's.

Worked like a charm mate. :)

I created a test mkv using mkvmerge (you can guess which movie ;)). Only included the first English Sub stream and had mkvmerge create a forced sub stream. At first it didn't work then I remembered that mkvmerge doesn't set the forced flag, only the default flag :rolleyes:

Fired up MKVtoolnix and used the header editor to set the forced flag on the forced stream, re-tested and bingo. Forced subs appeared.

This is without having "autoload subtitles" enabled (as it should be). Using the context menu I can enable full subs if I wish. Sweet. :D

Don't suppose it'll help with the above problem but for reference I'm using LAV Splitter, LAV Audio (0.29) and the Arcsoft video decoder from TMT5 (DXVA). District 9 has a DTS-MA audio track which I'm decoding so LAV audio is using the Arcsoft dll for that.

Thank's for the heads-up on this. Will test a few more titles ASAP and report any problems. In the meantime if you'd like any information or would like me to test anything specific, just ask.

All the best,

Mick.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think we should put this on "No Bug" because it's an addon on the actual working :)
    I hope Internal team validate it for RC :)
    Seb.

MatthiasB

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This is listed as fixed but I still cannot get forced subs to work. I am using SAF6, I've tried the dll that sebsastii posted and I tested it with the video sample he posted. Subs are set to MPC-HC forced only and I have MP Audio switcher set in post processing. Any suggestions?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

No need to take the dll, all is include in 1.2.1 :)
    You need to have MPC-HC enable in config setting and "subtitles will only display forced subtitles *" and using Lav Splitter.
    For normal file how has Forced Flag, MP should auto select it. (Just to be sure that correct information is set in mkv for example).
    Just to be sure that it's LAVF was used in DirectShowGraph (you can look it by using Graphstudio).
    Can you post log ?
    Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom