Forum search (1 Viewer)

joe_chip

October 7, 2005
Is the search function working properly? I seem to get the same results no matter what I'm searching for. Or maybe I'm just going nuts.

joe_chip

October 7, 2005
FlipGer said:
What are you searching for?

ffdshow, dscaler and sweetspot are all searches I've tried, with various different key words as well. For example: 'ffdshow not working' under general support.

It seems to put items with references in the text above topic titles so, for instance, 'use Nvidia decoder for Transport files' is listed above 'ffdshow crashes mp player'. And, in fact, that nearly always comes out at the top of my search.

Maybe it's just what I'm searching for that's the problem.

And there doesn't seem to be an option to just search topic titles, but that's another issue, I guess.

Why are the topic titles not listed above items with ref' in the text?

I usually end up trawling through the lists generated by the search much in the same way as I would if I wasn't using the search engine at all.

joe_chip

October 7, 2005
Actually, you know what, forget it.

I was right the first time: I am going nuts.

And let this be a lesson to you all: don't try looking at computer forums when you've got flu, haven't slept and are running a temperature that's so high you are making a saving on your heating bills because you don't need the radiators on.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
Replies
Views
The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
Replies
Views
So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
Replies
Views
should be fixed and back to normal but please report if it happens again, thx ;)
should be fixed and back to normal but please report if it happens again, thx ;)
The Plugin and Skins section of the Downloads shows zero results for most searches and attempting to download a plugin from a link...
Replies
Views
@Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
@Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom