Frames dropped in LiveTV (1 Viewer)

dumbo79

Portal Member
January 5, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: Drames dropped in LiveTV

Which version of TV server should it be in RC 1? When I look on my version it's: Versio 1.0.5.250 (SVN for testing only!!!). Is this correct?

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

wupperi

Humm....Despite discontinuities I've not seen, with XP ( I try later with w7 ) I got all frames late and a refresh rate around 3fps:D, really not WAF.
    This, with a rock solid configuration ( video PDVD8-9 / audio spdifer )...

I've already seen this with ARTE ( pure German issue ;)) but it has magically disappeared.

This sample is really interesting.....

For discontinuities, I agree with tourettes, It's a signal issue or server issue, or something that sticks the server.

I am loosing an Audio frame, which gives an "audible micro stutter".

As soon you will have late frame issue ( audio and/or video ) you will have audio "holes", it means there is problem...

Sinfred

December 1, 2009
    Re: Drames dropped in LiveTV

I have this problem too :( In my case I'm pretty certain that it's caused by IRQ-sharing, more specifically the APIC-setting in the BIOS. I run Vista with three DVB-S tuners. When I first installed MediaPortal, the stuttering in live-TV would get worse when I was recording from another channel. That made me suspect it was an IRQ-sharing problem, so I switched to the other LAN-port on my mainboard and the problem was drastically reduced! Now it only happens once every other minute. I don't know which component is the sensitive/troublemaking one, whether it's the LAN-card, graphics-card, sound-card or the hdd-controller.

I think this might be the cause for some of the others here as well. A giveaway is that your computer is powerful enough to playback HD-movies, but it stutters in live-TV, which uses more components and demands more from the IRQ-system.

APIC is the work of the devil. It has caused trouble for me earlier as well, and after countless hours of troubleshooting, it's always the very last thing I try since the OS isn't reporting any problems. Unfortunately if you disable this setting, you have to reinstall the OS, and I read that for multicore-CPUs it must be enabled. Tomorrow I will install Win7 with APIC disabled, since I read that a guy still had multicore-support with APIC disabled. If anyone knows for sure that you need APIC enabled for multicore-support, please tell me so I will save some time :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I have this problem too :( In my case I'm pretty certain that it's caused by IRQ-sharing, more specifically the APIC-setting in the BIOS. I run Vista with three DVB-S tuners. When I first installed MediaPortal, the stuttering in live-TV would get worse when I was recording from another channel. That made me suspect it was an IRQ-sharing problem, so I switched to the other LAN-port on my mainboard and the problem was drastically reduced! Now it only happens once every other minute. I don't know which component is the sensitive/troublemaking one, whether it's the LAN-card, graphics-card, sound-card or the hdd-controller.

I think this might be the cause for some of the others here as well. A giveaway is that your computer is powerful enough to playback HD-movies, but it stutters in live-TV, which uses more components and demands more from the IRQ-system.

APIC is the work of the devil. It has caused trouble for me earlier as well, and after countless hours of troubleshooting, it's always the very last thing I try since the OS isn't reporting any problems. Unfortunately if you disable this setting, you have to reinstall the OS, and I read that for multicore-CPUs it must be enabled. Tomorrow I will install Win7 with APIC disabled, since I read that a guy still had multicore-support with APIC disabled. If anyone knows for sure that you need APIC enabled for multicore-support, please tell me so I will save some time :)

DPC Latency Checker

ErAzOr

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008

anyone looked at my logs on page 2?
    i now installed windows server 2003 and the shuttering is almost gone. so it's definitely not a signal issue. but what else could be the problem??

wupperi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2007
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Drames dropped in LiveTV

tourettes DPC shows well below green line.

Ambass: Are you saying the problem is already embedded in the german cable broadcasters stream?
    As I don't have any eqipment to measure my "real" signal strength (despite the "100% movie" my DigitalEverywhere driver shows) I will now also try to replace my cable diverter (need to check its through attenuation first and see if I get one with lower) as this is the only other thing between my provider NT and the DE card, despite 3 Meters of coax cable...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

@Tourettes DPC shows well below green line.

Sounds good, shouldn't be HW conflict / bad non-BDA drivers that are causing side effects to DVB card.

I will now also try to replace my cable diverter (need to check its through attenuation first and see if I get one with lower) as this is the only other thing between my provider NT and the DE card, despite 3 Meters of coax cable...

Please try with one DVB card only, directly from the wall.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

DPC Latency Checker

Thx for link, now i know that i have dpc trouble on my server.
    And probably that the reason of my discontinuity problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom