FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual (2 Viewers)

nlemoz2

Portal Member
December 19, 2005
Noticed that this doesn't seem to be supported, so I had a bit of a play with the capture cards file adn graphedit.
Windows thinks the card is 2 HDTV cards, one USB and the other PCI.
By using the settings that were already there and modifying the recognition strings slightly I was able to get them up and running.
They both seem to be running. I have viewed some TV and autotuned with both. It seems to work OK.

WARNING: This has only been tested for a few minutes.

You should add the following sections to the capturecarddefinitions file and use Dual 1 for the FusionHDTV tuner and dual 2 for the bluebird (USB) tuner.

The sections you need to add are:

<capturecard commercialname="Dvico FusionHDTV Dual 1" capturename="FusionHDTV, Transport Stream Capture" devid="ven_14f1&amp;dev_8802&amp;subsys_db5018ac&amp;rev_05">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="2"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="FusionHDTV, BDA Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="FusionHDTV, Transport Stream Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="Dvico FusionHDTV Dual 2" capturename="Bluebird, WDM TsCapture" devid="vid_0fe9&amp;pid_db50">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="2"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="Bluebird, BDA Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="Bluebird, WDM TsCapture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    crazy dude!!

im gunna rush out first chance i get to get one of these cards :)

how is watching TV , recording , timeshifting?
    using just one card or 2 cards at the same time?

1x watching, 1x recording?
    2xrecording?

the windows x64 drivers for these cards have also been released...so its perfect timing :)

nlemoz2

Portal Member
    December 19, 2005
    By the way, if you have a half decent graphics card, the Zulu DxVA filter works well for decoding, although performance is not as good as in the Dvico FusionHDTV app.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yep ..i noticed that for my dvico dvb-t usb2

to me..the quality of the Zulu HDTV Video Decoder(BDA) is better than the nvidia purevideo video decoder ..and thats saying something!

it appears that the Dvico Zulu DxVA decoder just gives a black screen ...if that worked it would look just as good as the fusionhdtv app

nvidia gives me 50fps on interlaced channels and 100fps on progressive channels (with BOB deinterlacing, hardware acceleration, VMR9 - configured in codec properties)

zulu gives me 25fps on interlaced and 50 on progressive (so i think there IS BOB deinterlacing happening there...but no DxVA)

nlemoz2

Portal Member
    December 19, 2005
    RE: DxVA

I'm using the "spare parts PC" that I have here.
    It's only 1.6 GHz so it struggles a bit.

It originally had a Geforce 2 MX in it and didn;t work at all with DxVA mode in the Dvico App. Since then I put an ATI 9600 in it and DxVA works perfectly. The Dvico support/FAQs say that you need a mid to high end card preferably ATI to get it going. The Geforce 2MX had similar "black screen" problems and would crash when changing channels etc in DxVA mode.

Without DxVA I had no hope of getting HD video running. DxVA HDTV runs fine in the FusionHDTV app, but struggles a bit in WMCE and is hopeless in mediaportal.

If only I could get the features of media portal with the performance of FusionHDTV.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yep..i know exactly what u mean there

im using a p4 3.2Ghz with ati 9800pro ...DxVA works *perfectly* in fusionhdtv app...and i mean perfect! the problem is the codec doesnt work in mediaportal at the moment....hopefully we can get this codec working in MP in the future :)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i tested the dvico zulu DxVA codec some more and i got it working , but i cannot have timeshifting turned on...and recordings are also black

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I am thinking of purchasing this card soon, but the comment about ATI graphics cards being preferred worries me. I have a Gigabyte 6600GT, will the dual tuners play nice? Does the card work well in MediaPortal?

Also, has any testing been done with recording two HD streams at once?

I would prefer the dual tuners, but if two single tuners work better then I will go with that. Any advice would be appreciated.

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    recording 2 streams at once 'shouldnt' put much extra load on the computer as its only recording the stream info its not having to decode or anything, however you may need a fast disk to get it working properly, im not sure what write speed you would require for HD as we dont get it yet here in the UK

Thanks

Steve

nlemoz2

Portal Member
    December 19, 2005
    Re: Reccomendation for ATI cards

In a previous support message on the dvico site they recommended ATI cards for DxVA, but now they seem to be recommending Geforce 5/6.

See:
    http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/Eng/Support/FAQMCE2005.aspx?act=RD&id=150&pg=0&CATID=9&SCATID=41

My experience with this card is that TV & HD run fine, but haven't really tried recording. The problem I am having is that the GUI operates rather slugishly while the TV is running. I have WMCE, so I am sticking with that until the mediaportal GUI performance inmproves or I upgrade from a 1.6 GHz athlon XP on the media PC.

I would be interested in anybody else who has tried the dual card, and what kind of performance they are getting with what specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom