GeckoBrowser v0.1 [21-04-2010] *NEW* (1 Viewer)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi i've download 0.5 version... where i can download 0.6? with 0.5 i have many problems to write internet address... thanks
Nowhere, i can send you that one (just pm), but beware, in this version i've made some little changes in mp.

I think I have found a solution to the mouse dissapearing problem:
Just let "Webbrowser: Enter mouse mode" activate every time the mouse is moved.
Tried that already. For every Cursor Show i must do a Cursor Hide. That means: If the mouse move events occurs 1000 times, i call 1000 times the Cursor Show method and so i must call exactly 1000 times the Cursor Hide method. So it's a little bit time consuming and mediaportal runs into some performance problems :/

@all
At the moment i have some private probelms, and i don't know if can support the webbrowser anymore. I've completly rewritten the browser and run into some big problems (duo the fact i don't want to change mp code). So the browser takes much time to develope and i can do only a little bit on the browser at the moment.
It would be nice if someone can support me. Especially with some knowledge about plugin developement of MP, but even with the plugin itself. Just PM or write here.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D for this plugin

one question:

I installed an AdBlock extension for IE, because I hate all the ads on the news pages (and everywhere else ;) ). when I navigate i.e. to "winfuture.de" in IE, ads are blocked correctly. Using the plugin, ads are shown.

question is, when you using the IE control, are you able to enable the available plugins? this would be very appreciated.

if you share your sources, I could try to take a look on it.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D for this plugin

one question:

I installed an AdBlock extension for IE, because I hate all the ads on the news pages (and everywhere else ;) ). when I navigate i.e. to "winfuture.de" in IE, ads are blocked correctly. Using the plugin, ads are shown.

question is, when you using the IE control, are you able to enable the available plugins? this would be very appreciated.

if you share your sources, I could try to take a look on it.

The plugin only uses the engine of the ie, so plugins for the ie will not work (the same thing with firefox engine, no extensions). I could add a adblock system, but this is much work. Easier way, is to edit the hosts file. You can find the host file here:
    Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7: %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\
    The file has no extension. Open the file with a texteditor and copy and paste the text from here in your hosts file. I didn't tested this but i think it should work.

Btw: I think i will try to implement the firefox engine, because the use of the ie engine gives me headache.... the programming api is too old. Hopefully i found some time for this, because this means a complete rewrite of the plugin. But my first priority is the new infoservice version.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you for the idea and the prepared hosts file. I didn't get this idea before :)

this file is already quite useful, I added some more lines, and sites looks much better already...

and there's no need that you add additional code. I first thought it would be as easy as say "enable plugin x", but I see WebBrowser doesn't support this.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...I think i will try to implement the firefox engine, because the use of the ie engine gives me headache.... the programming api is too old. Hopefully i found some time for this, because this means a complete rewrite of the plugin. But my first priority is the new infoservice version.

Great! I prefer Firefox and the adblock plugin etc).

I've just had to re-install this plugin on my HTPC (I had to "ghost" back to a previous state where it wasn't installed) and now I can't find a download link for microsoft.mshtml.dll which I think I had to install last time around to get rid of the error message/MP shutting down. It's not included in V 0.5 download (or the MPE1 file? because I installed using this). I thought I found a link in this thread before but I can't find it now - have you got one? and where do I install it? Thanks

Off to post in the "InfoService" thread now.... ** exit stage right ** :)

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just wanted to say that this plug-in is excellent. I use it alongside the infoservice plug-in and the implementation is flawless for me - it just works.

ascreator

November 19, 2009
    Hallo ich hab beim Webbrowser keinerlei Knöpfe. Es wird mir nur die Seite angezeigt. Habe MP1.1.0 und MPWEbbrowser.MPE1 und den skin hab ich nachträglich auch gezogen. Nichts hilft, ich habe keine knöpfe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom