GeckoBrowser v0.1 [21-04-2010] *NEW* (1 Viewer)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: WebBrowser v0.6 [08-09-2009] *UPDATED*

I see.

Well, I hope one day soon you're able to find the time and motivation. =)

Thanks for all the hard work.

chlodny

Portal Pro
September 18, 2009
Silesia
Home Country
Poland Poland

Hi there!

I must say that the plugin is great but I have a small problem with it. I can't scroll down at all. I don't know if it's beacuse of using 1.1 Beta version of MP. Could you please take a look at the attached log? Also you mentioned that you might someday rewrite the plugin to work with Firefox engine. I think it's a great idea because of the Firefox addons. For example if someone uses WebBrowser to read articles from RSS feeds (like me:D) it's quite easy to make a site show just an article like shown underneath. It would make it all much easier to read:)

EDIT: Or maybe you would add an opportunity to choose another web browser plugin to open articles in the InfoService? :)

EDIT 2: Just read the post where you say that there will be no plugin implementation...:( Have you been thinking about Opera? :D It doesn't need addons to use css scripts. ;)

Attachments

• Firefox no css scripts.JPG
    Firefox no css scripts.JPG
    130.2 KB
  • Firefox with css scripts.JPG
    Firefox with css scripts.JPG
    132.9 KB

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi chlodny,

There is a .net error in the logs. Have you copied the microsoft.mshtml.dll (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ser-v0-6-08-09-2009-updated-70005/#post505261) and the interop.shdocvw.dll (this one is in the downloaded rar file) in the same folder as infoservice.dll?

As far as i know the opera engine isn't public available to use, so adding the opera engine to mediaportal is not possible. Maybe it's possible to integrate opera like the FirefoxIntegrater plugin does, but this is not the way i wan't to go. The webbrowser should seamlessly integrate into mediaportal.

Firefox addons would be great, especially the Adblock extension, but at the moment i have no solution for this. The webbrowser plugin will only use the Gecko engine(which is used by firefox)! Not the firefox browser, itself (which has the built in extension system).

chlodny

Portal Pro
September 18, 2009
Silesia
Home Country
Poland Poland

Well, actually I haven't put the microsoft.mshtml.dll to that folder before but anyway even now I get an error. Perhaps it's really because of using the Beta version:confused:

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany

Well, actually I haven't put the microsoft.mshtml.dll to that folder before but anyway even now I get an error. Perhaps it's really because of using the Beta version:confused:
Mh definitely a problem with the plugin. If you have copied both of the additional dlls into the same folder as webbrowser.dll, it should work. Anyway i would suggest to wait for the new browser, i don't want support the old browser.

Today i've began with the new one, based on the firefox engine. Works already quite good. Now you can browse with your remote from your couch :D You need just type the number of the link (i'ts display right beside the link) and press a button. Very cool :D

But there are also the same problems, as before with the old one.
  • The mouse is still dissappering

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Good news Edsche, happy you found time to work on this again, if you need somebody to give it a test spin just let me know...

Thx...

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Good news Edsche, happy you found time to work on this again, if you need somebody to give it a test spin just let me know...

Thx...

I'll send you a pm when i have something ready, thank you :D

Attached a screenshot, how the page will look like, if the remote browsing feature is enabled.

Attachments

• 1.png
      1.png
      458.5 KB

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England

How about using the cursor controls to move the mouse.
    OK for left click etc...?

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The cursor disappears after a couple of seconds. This is a feature of MP which i can't disable for the plugin, without changing the MP Code. And i think this is a better way to browse with the remote, because not everyone can see the little cursor on their TV. But i keep that in mind as an alternative way for remote browsing.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

The cursor disappears after a couple of seconds. This is a feature of MP which i can't disable for the plugin, without changing the MP Code. And i think this is a better way to browse with the remote, because not everyone can see the little cursor on their TV. But i keep that in mind as an alternative way for remote browsing.

I use the "Ctrl" key on my MCE keyboard to find the cursor, but are you saying that even if you are moving the cursor it still disappear after a few seconds? If that's what you mean then that's a bummer.

Now that you're using the Firefox engine will the adblock feature work or are you just using the Gecko thing you referred to earlier (which means it won't)?

Keep up the great work - the InfoService/Webrowser integration is a great thing! :D

Bleazle

PS. Feel free to add BleazleWide (link:https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bleazle-311/bleazlewide-v8-75150/) to your list of skins that support the plugin when you get a chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom