GeckoBrowser v0.1 [21-04-2010] *NEW* (1 Viewer)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
...I think i will try to implement the firefox engine, because the use of the ie engine gives me headache.... the programming api is too old. Hopefully i found some time for this, because this means a complete rewrite of the plugin. But my first priority is the new infoservice version.

Great! I prefer Firefox and the adblock plugin etc).

I've just had to re-install this plugin on my HTPC (I had to "ghost" back to a previous state where it wasn't installed) and now I can't find a download link for microsoft.mshtml.dll which I think I had to install last time around to get rid of the error message/MP shutting down. It's not included in V 0.5 download (or the MPE1 file? because I installed using this). I thought I found a link in this thread before but I can't find it now - have you got one? and where do I install it? Thanks

Off to post in the "InfoService" thread now.... ** exit stage right ** :)
The will be no extensions support for the firefox browser, sorry. This would be to much work for me ;)
The link to the dll is in the attchment.

Just wanted to say that this plug-in is excellent. I use it alongside the infoservice plug-in and the implementation is flawless for me - it just works.
Great to hear, thanks :D

Hallo ich hab beim Webbrowser keinerlei Knöpfe. Es wird mir nur die Seite angezeigt. Habe MP1.1.0 und MPWEbbrowser.MPE1 und den skin hab ich nachträglich auch gezogen. Nichts hilft, ich habe keine knöpfe.
The screenshots on the first post shows the newer version 0.6. I removed this version because there were so much code changes in the mediaportal code. So at the moment there is only the version 0.5 downloadable, which don't have the buttons on the top. I will work on a new version, once i have the new infoservice version ready and stable.

Ich hab die 0.6 Version wieder entfernt, weil ich einfach zu viel am MediaPortal Code geändert habe. Im moment gibt es nur die Version 0.5, die die Buttons über dem Browserfenster leider nicht hat. Ich werd eine neue Version machen, sobald ich die neue InfoService Version fertig habe ;)

Attachments

• microsoft.mshtml.rar
    30.6 KB

ascreator

November 19, 2009
all right, maybe you should mention that in the first post. i got really confused, how to get the buttons working. Another question. If i am on a site, lets call ist google, but its on any site, and i have to enter something, like the word to search for in an edit box, my focus get lost allmost every two letters. can i do anything about it?

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
yes thats a bug of 0.5. this was fixed in 0.6. anyway i think on the second page ive uploaded a test version of 0.5 with this fix. just have a look at the thread.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ascreator: As this is an English forum, please write in English. To answer your question: There are no buttons, as this webbrowser is intended to be used with InfoService. If you start it soleley, you will (hopefully) get the Google page, where you can start a search, but input is a bit tricky.
    AFAIK edsche is still working on a "real" webbrowser with buttons.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    error

Using Indigo latest skin...
    Open the web browser (from the news articles page), zoom works fine, press any cursor key on the remote - MP dies :(

Fran59

Portal Member
    January 24, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Source code

First of all, congratulation it's a very nice & useful plugin.

I'd like to know if you had publish your code anywhere? Because I'm very interesting to know how it's work but I didn't find it on sourceforge (I'm beginning in CSharp development).

Thanks in advance.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using Indigo latest skin...
    Open the web browser (from the news articles page), zoom works fine, press any cursor key on the remote - MP dies :(
    Need your mp logs to help you ;)

First of all, congratulation it's a very nice & useful plugin.

I'd like to know if you had publish your code anywhere? Because I'm very interesting to know how it's work but I didn't find it on sourceforge (I'm beginning in CSharp development).

Thanks in advance.
    As soon as i start with the new version which will be based on firefox engine, i'll host the project on codeplex.com.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    on further investigation, i'm missing the Microsoft.mshtml file - where can i get it and where does it go??

#edit# figured it out
    I copied the file from a Vista machine I have on the same network into the plugin/windows directory where the plugin is located.
    Working fine now :)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: WebBrowser v0.6 [08-09-2009] *UPDATED*

any news on the new firefox based plugin?

MePo is in dyer need of a good web-browser plugin.

Thanks!

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: WebBrowser v0.6 [08-09-2009] *UPDATED*

At the moment i'm working on the new InfoService version, so i've not started on a new webbrowser. Sorry :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom