Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (1 Viewer)

rneiva

December 6, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi, I´ve done everyting but I don't even have the search option.

Any ideas ?

d-fader

Portal Pro
September 24, 2006
I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

m0deth

Portal Pro
December 31, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
make sure the dll was in the proper plugin folder too, that could mess things up
same with the skin files...make sure they sit in the proper locations, not all rars from here include the full path so doublecheck where everything is going.

Edna

Portal Member
October 8, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I only just got around to trying the xface skin - what a great skin - the greatest part is that they linked the search button in myMusic to this plugin - Finally global search available directly from within myMusic!

If you did not try this plugin yet you owe to yourself to give it a try!
Thanks to the skinners and to d-fader for this awesome MP functionality.

atomtbomb

Portal Member
November 28, 2007
Any word on further development of this plugin? It would be great to have it work in a truly 'global' fashion, for every media type.

Thanks for the work so far.

d-fader

Portal Pro
September 24, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
In short: No.

I haven't had any time to work on the plugin, since I had to work on my thesis, which now is almost finished. Ironically I developed some sort of 'Google' to search through a database, using Lucene as the index technology. June 17th I have to defend my thesis and after that I will be graduated, at least, that's the goal :)
After this day I may find some time to improve this project or maybe even rewrite it. Lucene is a great tool for indexing and maybe Global Search can make use of that.

For those a bit experienced with programming; Global Search is pretty abstract, which means it shouldn't be too much work to implement the searches through other media. Concluding: I will try to find some time to pick this up, but I can't promise anything yet :)

Thanks for the support and sorry if this answer is not exactly what you hoped for :)

d-fader

Portal Pro
September 24, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I could :) - Actually just finished my thesis and actually that means I finally graduated, yay! Since that is done I think I will have some time to take a look at it. Don't expect anything REALLY soon though! The Lucene indexing technology worked quite good actually, so maybe I will rewrite parts of Global Search and add a process plug-in which will index all data in a Lucene database (there is a .Net implementation of Lucene, though it's discontinued).

Would that be an idea?

Well, whilst we can discuss this, I think I'll add a search function for video's first.

Greetz,
d-fader

PS. For more info on Lucene -> Welcome to Lucene! and Wikipedia's search function uses Lucene too!

Ropsu80

Portal Pro
September 19, 2006
Finland
Home Country
Finland Finland
Gratz on graduating!
Loking forward to the video implementation.

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Hi D-fader,

i use your plugin to replace the limited search default feature.
It's great but it lacks the SMS style writing, very useful like in Vista MCE provides.
I found a plugin dedicated to this functionnality and it would be great that you integrate it! Here the link of the post related:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/sms-style-input-34450/?highlight=sms+style
Maybe i can do it if you please to send me source code (i ask also source code from sms style author).

Furthermore, i have comments:
Improvement:
- Why do you have a search button? I think it unacessary, you should run the query just after finishing writing criteria. It would be faster and more convenient

Request features in the result page:
- artist selected -> a 'list albums for the same artist' function
- track selected-> a 'list tracks for the same album" function should be interesting to speed up research.

Thanks a lot
Fabien

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom