Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (2 Viewers)

pinnocchio

January 12, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Cannot find anything with RC4... Help!!!

Hi,
I'm sure this plugin is fantastic and it's probably me doing something wrong but here's my issue:

I installed GlobalSearch using the mpi file and configured it to use keyboard. Once in MediaPortal I select GlobalSearch and input my search string and then change it to "contain" since it is just a plain keyword search. When I finish typing a press "Done" and nothing ever shows up...

Could it be my file structure?

I used to have Windows MCE 2005 and Vista MCE and imported all my CDs using it. The structure it builds was the following:

Music/Genesis/Album name 1
Music/Genesis/Album name 2
Music/Genesis/Album name 3
Music/Pink Floyd/Album name 1
Music/Pink Floyd/Album name 2
Music/Pink Floyd/Album name 3
Etc...

Should all album names be on the root directory instead?

Music/Album name 1
Music/Album name 2
Music/Album name 3

I also used to have SageTV and it didn't complain about this structure either.

One thing I have noticed is that MP will only show my folders like Genesis, Pink Floyd, etc..., and I will have to click on the folder to see the albums in it... Is there a way to fix this or I have to change my directory structure?

I really want to make GlobalSearch work since MP is really crippled without it... Specialy when I compare it to the SageTV search feature!

:D
Do

d-fader

Portal Pro
September 24, 2006
I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi pinnocchio,

Thanks for trying to use GS :) I think GS works under RC4, haven't tried it yet. The structure of your music doesn't matter, as long as you have configured the directories in the configuration of MP (Music section). You have to 'build' your music library by specifying the folders you want to have available in MP and after that you have to run a ´scan´ in those folders so they will be imported into MP. GS works with the imported data.

I'll try GS asap (that means now, but since I re-installed my PC just now I first have to install RC4 ;)).

I'll come back to you in a few moments.

Edit: I've tried GS and it works like it should. It's probably that you need to scan your music folders. To do so, go to the MP configuration -> Music -> Music folders and add the root folder(s) with music (MP will scan for subdirectories). After you've added them, go to Music -> Music database and select all folders, check 'Auto update DB on changes in share' and click 'Update database from selected shares'. This will take a few minutes :) After that GS will work. I noticed that the searchtype 'Starts with' doesn't work, so I guess you need to use 'Contains' (which is the default and I guess no one ever searches with 'Starts with' :))

Good luck!

pinnocchio

January 12, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi pinnocchio,

Thanks for trying to use GS :) I think GS works under RC4, haven't tried it yet. The structure of your music doesn't matter, as long as you have configured the directories in the configuration of MP (Music section). You have to 'build' your music library by specifying the folders you want to have available in MP and after that you have to run a ´scan´ in those folders so they will be imported into MP. GS works with the imported data.

I'll try GS asap (that means now, but since I re-installed my PC just now I first have to install RC4 ;)).

I'll come back to you in a few moments.

Edit: I've tried GS and it works like it should. It's probably that you need to scan your music folders. To do so, go to the MP configuration -> Music -> Music folders and add the root folder(s) with music (MP will scan for subdirectories). After you've added them, go to Music -> Music database and select all folders, check 'Auto update DB on changes in share' and click 'Update database from selected shares'. This will take a few minutes :) After that GS will work. I noticed that the searchtype 'Starts with' doesn't work, so I guess you need to use 'Contains' (which is the default and I guess no one ever searches with 'Starts with' :))

Good luck!

Thanks, that worked. However, when I only select Album and Artist I get no results back. Enabling all search options does work. Great plugin btw! keep up the good work!!!:D

Phantas

Portal Member
December 4, 2008

I got the same problem with rc4, unfortunately it doesn't work at all and couldn't be solved yet.
The error.log writes always lines like these, when I make a search:

Code:
2008-12-04 12:27:31.908200 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 130885
2008-12-04 12:27:32.210200 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 130885
2008-12-04 12:27:36.054200 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 130885
2008-12-04 12:27:36.366200 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 130885
2008-12-04 12:27:41.090200 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei MediaPortal.GUI.GlobalSearch.GUIGlobalMusicSearch.HandleListViewClick(GUIControl control)
   bei MediaPortal.GUI.GlobalSearch.GUIGlobalMusicSearch.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
   bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
2008-12-04 12:27:42.553200 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei MediaPortal.GUI.GlobalSearch.GUIGlobalMusicSearch.HandleListViewClick(GUIControl control)
   bei MediaPortal.GUI.GlobalSearch.GUIGlobalMusicSearch.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
   bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
2008-12-04 12:27:50.240200 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 130885
2008-12-04 12:27:50.363200 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 130885

It's not doing anything when I hit search, cpu% is not even going higher.
Would be very happy if You got an idea how to fix this.

Thx in advance,
Phantas

Phantas

Portal Member
December 4, 2008
ok, I can now always reproduce the error as followed:

• Start MP
  • goto "My Music"
  • click "Search"
  • click on "Searchphrase"
  • type something in, and click "Done"
  • it finds all the mp3s that contain the given string
  • Now i click on one of the songs that were found
  • click on "Play now"
  • Music starts to play
  • Now click on "Searchphrase" again
  • This time there is already "Searchphrase" written in the field for search (this might be a hint for the error?!)
  • I delete it with the button "BKSP" and type a new string
  • click "Done"
  • and....
  • nothing!
  • it doesnt show anymore a result for me from now on.

only restarting MP helps then.
Unfortunately there is nothing interesting in the logfiles (at least the MediaPortal.log and error.log), even when run with debug :(

I really hope someone could help me with that..
thanks in advance

Phantas

Portal Member
December 4, 2008
the problem is still there :(
I reinstalled completely, (windows+mediaportal).
Added global search as the only plugin
Same bug as described above :(
Search works, as long as I dont play anything. When I play a song and try to search again, searchengine is broken.
Too bad there is no output for errors in any of the log files, even in debug mode.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can't confirm. i use the plugin nearly every day and didn't experience any error.

tried the exact steps as you did and no problem at all

TinusS

December 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hello,

i just red this post. I have the same symtoms. I can search the first time. but as soon as I play one song. I can't search anymore.
    I'm using Media portal 1.0.0. final release.
    windows xp sp3 mediacenter.
    AMD4850e 4 gb geheugen.

I just reinstalled all, but keep having this problem.
    any sugestions?

DanielUrban

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem, what can we do, in RC2 it was an perfect plugin, but now in RC4 or in 1.0 it doesn't work. :-(

franky67

Portal Member
    July 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Global Saerch

Hallo
    Global Search works very fine in RC3, I leave RC4 and i'm waiting for Final 1.0. But there ist the problem it doesnt found something. I type in Searchphrase " Shakira" after few sekonds there come no information, only a blank screen with over 4000 blank lines. After reinstall i have he same Problem. I hope dfader can help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom