GMPS Scheduler (2 Viewers)

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    To answer your real question: no, GMPS right now doesn't know what you are doing at all - so it doesn't know if you are watching TV or DVD. I guess I will have to make a plugin to get this information from MP, but that might take some time.

Ok. I'll wait for the next release. Thanks for you support.

Goersch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2007
    mameo: I don't know if you are still interested - but I have implemented the necessary PlugIns.

a) TV Server PlugIn
    Function: Just some outputs to the GMPS log file

XP: should be possible to install - please follow PopUps
    Vista: Installation difficult. If normal Installation does not work:
    a) Start GMPS with Admin Rights
    b) if this doesn't work:

1) copy Files from the TVServerPlugIn Directory to the PlugIn directory of the server
    2) Copy File "MyLib.DLL"to the Server directory
    3) Start TV Server Config Programm and enable the plugin
    4) restart TV Server (via Config Program, GMPS or reboot system)

"TVS PlugIn" Button is white (no connection to TV Server) or green (connection to TV Server established)

b) MP PlugIn
    Function: Avoids that GMPS does a Shutdown if one MP is not in the Home Dialog

XP: should be possible to install - please follow PopUps
    Vista: Installation difficult. If normal Installation does not work:
    a) Start GMPS with Admin Rights
    b) if this doesn't work:

1) copy Files from the MPPlugIn Directory to the PlugIn\Process directory of MP
    2) Copy File "MyLib.DLL"to the MP directory
    3) Start MP

Installation on Systems without GMPS (Remote GMPS installes the PlugIns on the Server): Please follow b)

In the GMPS log File you can find the IDs of the Dialogs MP is in:
    FMain::ipcLogic Changed Dialog id : 501
    In the File "MPHomeDialogs.txt" you find all Dialog IDs which allow GMPS to ShutDown the System. So, if one Id is missing: just add it to the file !

The "MP PlugIn" Button is white (no MP connection) or yellow (connection to MP established, but all Mps are in the Home Dialog) or red (connection to MP established and one mP is not in Home Dialog)

Important !!!
    a) If there are problems with the plugins: Just remove the files from the plugin directories !!!

Attachments

• GMPS_20090703_0_2_2_12.zip
      30.7 KB

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Goersch
    I am still very interested at your tools, infact I'm following the GMPS thread in german (even if i don't understand it completly...). I'll try your last version as soon as possible, and I'll post here if something go wrong. Thank you, and continue this great job!

P.S. Your instructions above are not clear at all, why don't you do a step by step guide in English? I think it can be useful for the other users that wants to test your tool!

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello Goersch,
    after several days of testing I found a problem when register 2 consecutive programs: how you see in Tvguide.jpg (see attached file) if I want to register "il commisario rex" and "reazione a catena" the system starts correctly, recording the first program (il commissario rex) is ok, but after a while the system turns off because of the idle timer (see log file), and the second program (reazione a catena) does not happen because the computer is off.
    Also in the log file is present the word "ERROR CONNECTING TO DATABASE Can not open database" MpTvDb "requested by the login. The login failed": what does this mean? I have some settings wrong? thanks!

Attached file moved 2 post later..

Goersch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2007
    Hello mameo,

I will have to check this (I'm not able to open the rar file right now), but usually the mention error indicates that GMPS is not possible to access the MP database. Which version of MP are you using ? Is the "Check" Button in the MP page green ?

About this IdleTimer issue: I think I know what might have happened - but I need to look at the log files and the JPGs

About the step by step guide: There will be an english documentation available soon :) I'm working on it right now. Hopefully it will help a bit.

Georg

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have just atteched zip file now. Does the error possible because I use a fixed IP for the tvserver (192.168.2.1)? I must use a static IP to avoid TVserver connection error when use a wi-fi connection..
    My version of MP is 1.0.2, but I got the same error when I tryed new 1.1.0 release.

Goersch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2007
    I looked at the log Files and JPGs - found all information I need - thanks !

About the DB Connection error: looks like this is a timing problem - that GMPS tries to access the database before it's really available. Because afterwards everything looks fine, I'm not worrying to much - but I have to think about this issue.

About the IdleTimer problem: That's a bug. I will fix this with the next version (I have to reset the IdleTimer after a recording has been done). Sorry for the missed recording !
    There is no real workaround I can provide in a short term :( It might have worked if the is a short overlap between the recordings, e.g. if you increase the pre recording time - but that's just a guess - didn't test it.

Goersch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2007
    no, it shouldn't matter if you use the name of the server or the IP Address. As long as GMPS, TV Server and MP (Single Seat Installation) are all on the same PC, it should even work with 127.0.0.1. but better use the name or the real IP Address

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    OK. So now we have to understand what "ERROR CONNECTING TO DATABASE Can not open database" is, and if is real harmful for GMPS. I'll wait for next GMPS release, hoping that you solve the timer problem.

Users who are viewing this thread