Guide: Perfect playback & Display calibration (12 Viewers)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Great guide, really helped me get the best out of my system and seems to have negated any glitches. Picture feels more stable, with football in HD smoother.

Even better is getting full volume support on all channels with the media centre remote. Previously if Dolby was on the channel I had to use Amp remote. I was a bit concerned with the change but after watching a full surround movie, there is no difference and still sounded awesome.

I recommend anyone new to Media Portal, follow the 5 minute set up instructions at the beggining of this thread to get the best picture and sound with the least amount of hassle.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Oh dear - Mrs just rang me at work and Media Portal has stopped working, shes reset and same error. Problem is local to the client I worked on calibrating yesterday as spoken about above, other clients on network working fine, will post logs later.

The highs and lows of using MP.....

edit - logs attached, let me guess tvseries database?

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    What settings should be done to remove the banding / posterization? Video card Intel HD 4000/4600 (1920x1080x60), Mediaportal 1.7.1 & LAV (quick sync).

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Banding of colours, should probably try and try setting everything to RGBFull 32 bit 0-255, and set your tv to "low hdmi" or whatever the 0-255 equivalent is on your TV. The reason I recommend RGB32 0-255 rather than 16-235 is that I think the gpu often internally converts to 255. Also set LAV to output RGB32 only, disable everything else.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Banding of colours, should probably try and try setting everything to RGBFull 32 bit 0-255, and set your tv to "low hdmi" or whatever the 0-255 equivalent is on your TV. The reason I recommend RGB32 0-255 rather than 16-235 is that I think the gpu often internally converts to 255. Also set LAV to output RGB32 only, disable everything else.
    Set all RGB and 0-255 (1920X1080 60p) but lost detail in dark scenes, it can be said that nothing can be seen. How did not try to twist the TV settings, nothing good comes out, photographs, scenes afternoon, look just wonderful.

LAV.png

Play 1-Black Clipping.mp4
    There is flashing in bars 17-25
    Turn brightness on your tv down to 0%
    As you turn up the brightness you will see 25 flashing, then 24, then 23,22...
    Keep going higher until you can just faintly see that #17 is flashing
    Trying to adjust to this method. But do not remove the brightness, dark screen, nothing menyaetsya and not blinking.

In the video settings all off. Exposed to the default settings. TV has adjustable backlights, contrast, and brightness.

500x1000px-LL-046916b1_2.png

How can you even try to adjust? Exhibit maximum backlight? At least? Contrast to maximum? At least? Then change the brightness settings? Or maybe the video card settings to change RGB to YCbCr?

Intel i3-3225 & Philips 55PFL7008 ...

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Also set LAV to output RGB32 only, disable everything else.
    Forgot to try. Try it today.[DOUBLEPOST=1400577218][/DOUBLEPOST]PS: Or gamma value can raise?

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Set up, turned it depends on the graphics card. Add a key to the registry (Intel HD only):
    Code:
    1. Find your current Intel Graphic Adapter software registry instance under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\xxxx
    (0000 on my PC).
    2.Create DWORD value:
    EnableRGBFullRange
    and set it to 1
    Reviewed all the settings again, rebooted the computer and it worked. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom