Guide: Perfect playback & Display calibration (2 Viewers)

Peterpack

Portal Member
April 21, 2010
Home Country
The bitstreaming option didn't work, i believe if you choose bitstreaming with LAV decoder, you shouldn't be then using Mediaportal audio renderer ?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The bitstreaming option didn't work, i believe if you choose bitstreaming with LAV decoder, you shouldn't be then using Mediaportal audio renderer ?
    Na jo ....

These are two different things:

The LAV is teh used Codec where you tell what to do with what sort of Stream.

The Renderer is the device used for output. When you edit the Audiorenderer you can choose what Sounddevice it should take (standard or a preffered one) - Bitstream (as far I know) you need to use a digital link :)

So - If you always want to use HD Audio for Mobies via your Denon select as renderer the digital output connect to your Denon.

Peterpack

Portal Member
    April 21, 2010
    Home Country
    thanks guys ! i got the bitstreaming working for all the surround formats, but then my stereo sources don't have any sound, what decoder should i use for AAC ? and what settings ?

thanks again

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Read my post on aac 2 pages back. Also you don't need to bitstream 7.1 you can decode to pcm 7.1 as long as you have tge dtsdecoderdll.dll from arcsoft. Info is on the guide. Lav can't decide dtshd without this file

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Read my post on aac 2 pages back. Also you don't need to bitstream 7.1 you can decode to pcm 7.1 as long as you have tge dtsdecoderdll.dll from arcsoft. Info is on the guide. Lav can't decide dtshd without this file
    Hm - What did I miss - isn't the outcome the same?

Peterpack

Portal Member
    April 21, 2010
    Home Country

thanks ! i got hold of this file, now where do i put it ? thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i think there are instructions in the start of the thread. to check its working change lav audio settings so it displays a taskbar icon, run MP in windowed mode, play the movie, then click on the lav audio icon and check input = HD format and output = PCM then you know its decoding the hd audio stream and using arcsoft dll file correctly.[DOUBLEPOST=1421478018][/DOUBLEPOST]if there are no instructions post again... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom