Guide to the music section of mediaportal (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    That sort tab is very confusing and needs tweaking for 1.2. It only changes the tracks list not the others.

Just confused as you say you want no folders but it looks like you actually want a folder per album but show "album artist - album (year)" as the label?

Yes :)

All my music is placed with one album per folder.

So I have...

Music/
    Music/Bruce Springsteen - Darkness On The Edge Of Town
    Music/Carpark North - Best Days Greatest Hits
    Music/Dire Straits - The Best Of Dire Straits

When I browse my shares view, this is really simple to navigate through. But with 300+ albums (folders) MP takes some time to load the main directory (Music).

Year label is not mandatory. But I would like to see both artist and albumtitle for each thumb.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ok.... you can't :(

you can sort the albums by album artist but you can't change the labels used in anything other than track listing.

There are a few issues with labels I need to sort out (0003195: Music Label Issues - MediaPortal Bugtracker) but I don't think I will change how labels are set at different database levels as this is too much change to get done before we start a code freeze for 1.2.

One thing we have done is exposed the details as properties in 1.2 so perhaps it would be possible to tweak a skin to show icons as above and then use the properties to show details of the current selected item (in 1.2 anyway)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I use a build of the 1.2.0 SVN, so could I possibly use #selecteditem to show artist, and then #selecteditem2 to show album?

Besides that, my feeling is that the Shares view of MP is much faster to load in 1.2.0 than it was on previous versions - so the problem has been reduced somewhat. Still, would be nice to have my view :D

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I use a build of the 1.2.0 SVN, so could I possibly use #selecteditem to show artist, and then #selecteditem2 to show album?

Besides that, my feeling is that the Shares view of MP is much faster to load in 1.2.0 than it was on previous versions - so the problem has been reduced somewhat. Still, would be nice to have my view :D

0003182: Expose MusicTag values when selecting an item in Shares or DB View - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    you can use

Code:
    #album
    #genre
    #year
    #albumArtist
    #discid
    #disctotal
    #trackTotal
    #datelastplayed
    #dateadded
    but I have a feeling this was put in SVN a while ago part of this was reverted as we are going to implement this in a different way. (so they may be in your SVN they might not)

Also you will have
    Code:
    #title
    #track
    #rating
    #duration
    #artist
    #bitRate
    #comment
    #composer
    #conductor
    #lyrics
    #timesplayed
    #filetype
    #codec
    #bitratemode
    #bpm
    #channels
    #samplerate
    at track level (which gives you something for the flip side in cover flow layout :))

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Updated to latest SVN (26884), I can see the changes to several files in version 26780, but using the suggested tags exposes nothing to the skin.

GUIThumbnailPanel.cs has these tags, but none of them actually works when viewing my files in database view OR in shares view:

Code:
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#title", tag.Title);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#track", strTrack);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#album", tag.Album);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#artist", tag.Artist);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#genre", tag.Genre);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#year", strYear);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#rating", strRating);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#duration", strDuration);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#albumArtist", tag.AlbumArtist);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#bitRate", tag.BitRate.ToString());
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#comment", tag.Comment);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#composer", tag.Composer);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#conductor", tag.Conductor);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#discid", tag.DiscID.ToString());
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#disctotal", tag.DiscTotal.ToString());
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#lyrics", tag.Lyrics);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#timesplayed", tag.TimesPlayed.ToString());
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#trackTotal", tag.TrackTotal.ToString());
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#filetype", tag.FileType);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#codec", tag.Codec);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#bitratemode", tag.BitRateMode);
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#bpm", tag.BPM.ToString());
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#channels", tag.Channels.ToString());
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#samplerate", tag.SampleRate.ToString());
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#datelastplayed", tag.DateTimePlayed.ToShortDateString());
            GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#dateadded", tag.DateTimeModified.ToShortDateString());

Aren't they supposed to work?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Aren't they supposed to work?
    I think they are in the middle... dev managers wanted to change how it was implemented so I think some of the changes were backed out. They will work for 1.2 beta (hoepfully I can commit a fix that will sort this and several others issues out in the next few days)

Sinus2K

Portal Member
    April 10, 2007
    Düsseldorf
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Guide to the music section of mediaportal

Mediaportal Version: 1.1.2

Hi there,

i have a small issue within my music's view concerning the disc number.
    I tagged my media with MPTagThat, setting the "album artist" as the main artist. For Samplers with several "volumes" i used the "album artist" as the sampler's name and the "album" as volume description. This works quite well, but these samplers usually have 2 discs. Therefore i tagged the appropriate titles with the "media number" tag.

Within the files system the structure is the following:

music/sampler/name/disc1/tracks
    music/sampler/name/disc2/tracks

I also want this distinction within my music's view, which has the following levels:

album artist
    album
    track

but should be
    album artist
    album
    disc (if possible only for those having more than 1 disc / having the disc# set)
    track

Is it possible to achieve this, because the "view creation" dialog in the configuration tool does not provide something like disc number so I can't figure out how to group the files.

Thanks in advance and "thumbs up" for this nice piece of software and the cool forum.
    Sinus2K

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sinus2K if you don't want multidisc album tracks lumped together than you can give each of the cds a different album name and leave the disc# tag blank, otherwise as hawarmann stated it can't be done as you discovered there is no disc option in the view creater in mp config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom