Haali not disposed after stopping video (1 Viewer)

Mossi

Portal Member
September 25, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK, nice to know that all is good.

Come on now! Should I now start to make some corrections by shooting with shotgun. LOGS are needed! Sorry but I will ignore all these 'nice to know' messages without logs.

Ok, I'll create some logs later...

Did some more testing (this time with CoreAVC) and found the following:
If I play a file to the end, haali is not disposed and the CoreAVC Icon stays in systemtray. After closing MP the CoreAVC Icon disappears in systemtray, but haali still stays there, until I hover over.
But if I stop the movie, CoreAVC and Haali are released! So to me it seems there is a bug when files are played to the end by MP.

Edit: Ok, here are some logs. The strange Thing: With the Log Collector running, Haali and CoreAVC were released after MP stopped playing..

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Can you try this core? Changed checking of graph running a bit as it seems still running when removing filters. And please test also without log level debug to be sure this is not timing issue anymore.

EDIT: Core_1 has now Stop() instead of StopWhenReady() if first one didn't work.

Mossi

Portal Member
    September 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm currently testing core.zip with MPC-HC Codec.
    Played two files (25fps) without any problems and Haali was disposed.
    By starting a third file (24fps this time) MP crashed after about 10 seconds and Haali remained in systemtray.
    Have to do more tests and also test core_1.zip.
    I'll report back later.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    By starting a third file (24fps this time) MP crashed after about 10 seconds and Haali remained in systemtray.

Did that system tray haali icon disapear after you moved mouse over it? As OS itself is responsible for cleaning the used resources when application crashes.

Mossi

Portal Member
    September 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ok, with core.zip I can reproduce the following behaviour: 2 files play well (and haali is disposed), with the third file MP crashs after 10-60 seconds playing. Framerate doesn't seem to matter.

Still have to teste core_1.zip - I'll try this one tomorrow

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    By all means test if you have time or had some issues previously. It is good to have feedback so we can close this one finally.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Manfred,
    I was under the impression the not disposing icons thing was already solved.
    - But is it? Or not 100% yet.?
    - against which svn are those core.dll compiled? 28th version?
    - Can you tell me what to look for with the new core.dll files? What is changed in each version.

I will start testing tomorrow, when I have slept more/better.
    regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom