[solved] Hama Remote - Pause Button (1 Viewer)

Charlie TV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All,

I've rebuilt one of my MP clients from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and using 1.15 pre-release which seems to be working well. I found a thread that suggested that I don't need EventGhost and I'm now using the Sceneo but the Pause button doesn't work.

Is there anything I can change to fix this? Or do I need to try and get EventGhost working on Win10

Thanks in advance

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found a thread that suggested that I don't need EventGhost and I'm now using the Sceneo but the Pause button doesn't work

Have you tried to untick 'Use generic HID device' in MP Config > Remote and Input Devices > Tab HID ?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your remote should get better-out-of-the-box support hopefully from MP 1.17. Follow our HID Keyboard support thread if you want to keep up with the development of that feature.
    In the meantime my understanding is that you should be able to get it working using a custom configuration for Sceneo.
    I'm thinking @CyberSimian might be able to help you with that.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I found a thread that suggested that I don't need EventGhost and I'm now using the Sceneo but the Pause button doesn't work.
    For the Ortek/Hama remote in MP 1.15, the correct config to use is "Centarea HID" on the "Sceneo" tab. You must also disable support for "Generic HID" (the first tab on the "Remotes and Input Devices" panel).

You need to use a dedicated config file for the Centarea HID. There are several available to download (from various MP threads), but I would recommend the most-recent one, which you can download from this post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...p-buttons-properly.131638/page-4#post-1171343

The Ortek/Hama remote has some quirks, which it is possible to circumvent. The zip file contains an AutoHotKey script to do this. If you wanted to use this script, you would need to install AutoHotKey, but I have never tried that on Win10. However, you can use the Centarea config file ("Centarea HID.xml") without also using the AutoHotKey script ("Centarea HID.ahk").

Be aware that the PLAY button on the Ortek/Hama sends exactly the same signal as the PAUSE button, so these two buttons cannot be distinguished by MP (or by any other software!). The function that they perform is defined to be "PLAY/PAUSE TOGGLE".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

chizz

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm stuck with the same problem and I was hoping that I could get some direction on how to do this;

Be aware that the PLAY button on the Ortek/Hama sends exactly the same signal as the PAUSE button, so these two buttons cannot be distinguished by MP (or by any other software!). The function that they perform is defined to be "PLAY/PAUSE TOGGLE".

I have set everything up using the HID file you made and Autohotkey and everything works except Play\Pause.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I have set everything up using the HID file you made and Autohotkey and everything works except Play\Pause.
    This may be a limitation of MP and the Ortek/Hama remote. I have just tried this myself (I use the Ortek/Hama as my default remote), and the PLAY and PAUSE buttons cannot be used to start playback of recorded TV, video, DVD, etc.. To initiate playback, you must use the OK button on the remote. Once playback has started, you can then use the PLAY or PAUSE button to pause and unpause playback.

If the PLAY and PAUSE buttons do not work when playback has already started, there must be some other problem. The Chrome browser and Apple software have a reputation for stealing keystrokes and making certain buttons on the remote unresponsive. If you have either of those installed, try closing them or disabling them, and see if that makes a difference.

Finally, I would recommend using the newest version of the "Centarea HID Support Package". There are various versions available from various threads, but the following one is the latest (you may already be using it):

Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100

chizz

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Home Country
    This may be a limitation of MP and the Ortek/Hama remote. I have just tried this myself (I use the Ortek/Hama as my default remote), and the PLAY and PAUSE buttons cannot be used to start playback of recorded TV, video, DVD, etc.. To initiate playback, you must use the OK button on the remote. Once playback has started, you can then use the PLAY or PAUSE button to pause and unpause playback.

If the PLAY and PAUSE buttons do not work when playback has already started, there must be some other problem. The Chrome browser and Apple software have a reputation for stealing keystrokes and making certain buttons on the remote unresponsive. If you have either of those installed, try closing them or disabling them, and see if that makes a difference.

Finally, I would recommend using the newest version of the "Centarea HID Support Package". There are various versions available from various threads, but the following one is the latest (you may already be using it):

Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100

I do have the latest file, I am running Windows 10, if that makes a difference. I can see that when I am in live TV and I press the PAUSE or PLAY button, the IR receiver blinks, but no sound is played like for other button presses, so the command is not going through. I can perform a PAUSE with my attached keyboard or a wireless mini keyboard. I have tested with both of those keyboards unattached. I have Chrome installed, but it's closed. I also had Kodi installed at one point, but I have uninstalled it and come back to Mediaportal. Here is the unaltered code from your HID file, maybe I need to modify this in some way? I just don't know how I would go about figuring out what command those button presses are sending...any help or clues you might provide are greatly appreciated!

</button>
    - <button name="Play/Pause" code="179">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="105" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="12" sound="click.wav" />
    </button>

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just wanted to confirm that the play/pause button is working on my Ortek/Hama remote using the Centarea HID,xml from @CyberSimian with Win 10 x64 (1709) and MP 1.19. It should work with or without the Hotkey script which provides further options (Green button for MP start etc. Check the mapping is as shown in the screenshot attached.
    Untitled.jpg

chizz

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Just wanted to confirm that the play/pause button is working on my Ortek/Hama remote using the Centarea HID,xml from @CyberSimian with Win 10 x64 (1709) and MP 1.19. It should work with or without the Hotkey script which provides further options (Green button for MP start etc. Check the mapping is as shown in the screenshot attached.
    View attachment 197145

If wanted to use it without the hotkey script, what folder should place the xml file in? Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom