Hardware acceleration in MP (2 Viewers)

verhohner

Portal Member
February 9, 2007
Hi,

I want to enable the hardware accerleration in MP. I use the decoder that was integrated in the installer. Were do I enable the accerleration for mpeg2?

verhohner

Portal Member
February 9, 2007
Thanks for the information. Can you tell me which mpeg-2 decoders are the most recommendable and that can use hardware accerleration? They don't have to be free. If there is a excellent decoder that is not free, thats no problem. I think it is one of the most important softwares on my HTPC...

Maybe the hardware is from importance too. I have a Nvidia 6150 onboard. And I mostly watch DVB-S here in Europe. The TV Card is a Hauppauge Nova-S Plus. And of cause I also watch DVD's.

elorentz

Portal Pro
July 6, 2006
The nvidia purevideo decoder will suite your HW fine, and it's even one of the better ones overall. You can download a trial version from nvidia.com.

verhohner

Portal Member
February 9, 2007
I installed the trial for Nvidia Purevideo now and selected the Nvidia Decoder in Mediaportal. But I still have a 100% CPU usage while watching TV or DVD. I think the hardware acceleration isn't activated yet. Were do I activate it?

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Did you enable the Nvidia Purevideo Decoder for both TV and DVD ? The tick for HW acceleration is in the PureVideo Settings Dialog under Directshow Filter in MediaPortal configuration.exe

What is your CPU ? Because even with a software decoder you shouldn't reach 100% with the minimal CPU recommendation !

verhohner

Portal Member
February 9, 2007
I activated Purevideo for TV and DVD. Hardware Acceleration is enabled in the Pure Video options.
I also have only the TV connected to the PC, so I think it is the primary screen. But I'm not sure about it.

I have a A64bit 3000+ Manila for AM2.

batboy

Portal Member
December 16, 2005
Hi!
Make a check with 'dxdiag'.
maybe DirectDraw or Direct3D is not enabled. I had this issue with nvidia PureVideo and Hauppauge-Drivers for PVR 150.
Don't know the reason, but after a fresh install it was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread