hauppage hvr2250 with MP2? (1 Viewer)

drewg

October 3, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have installed IRSS, however during the install it did not detect the MP so that part was grayed out.
Windows 10.
I can not get the remote to work. What am I missing?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have installed IRSS, however during the install it did not detect the MP so that part was grayed out. Windows 10. I can not get the remote to work. What am I missing?
    I have no experience of using Hauppauge remotes, but have you read this page in the MP wiki:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...diaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/16_Hauppauge

It looks to me as though your Hauppauge remote would work if your used the correct driver, and that IRSS is not needed. (But as I said, I have no experience with Hauppauge, so I may be wrong.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

drewg

October 3, 2016
    Home Country
    I did what the wiki said, but still no remote. In the article it shows a remote control configuration page, but I can not find that page. Is that page only available on Mediaportal1, I am running Mediaportal2. Or does that page not exist any more?
    --- Post updated ---
    Interesting. I am able to use the remote for windows commands, i.e volume, mute, menu brings up same as ALT-TAB, then I can scroll through the windows.

So It looks like MP2 is just not working with it. Is there a plug-in or something in MP2 that I need to activate or install?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The only way to use such "exotic" remotes in MP2 is to use IRSS. You need to configure your remote there. Then MP2 will use it without further configuration inside MP2. But as I never used IRSS (always use a "not exotic" Microsoft MCE remote) I can not tell you how to do so. In General it's working as many people are using IRSS with MP2...

In the article it shows a remote control configuration page, but I can not find that page. Is that page only available on Mediaportal1,
    Yes, MP1 and MP2 are completely different. MP2 has in- GUI configuration, MP1 uses external tool. The section about configuring remotes is only valid and available for MP1. MP2 has no remote configuration. Your remote is either supported without any further action (like mine) or you need to use IRSS.

drewg

October 3, 2016
    Home Country
    Ok, so my hauppauge green button remote will not work with MP2.

I am assuming that MP1 id obsolete and will be end of life before too long so it is advantages for me to keep it and not revert to MP1?

I also have a harmony 510 programmable remote. Will I need to have a different IR receiver for it or do you think I can still use the Hauppauge IR receiver?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Will I need to have a different IR receiver
    As the receiver is the thing that is connected to the PC it is much more important than the transceiver. And your Hauppauge IR receiver is, what is causing the issue, not the remote itself. I have used different remotes together with my Microsoft MCE Receiver (the original one, a Harmony, a cheap Medion remote and now I'm using an OneForAll) and the PC never noticed any difference. If you buy a new receiver you should ask for a "real" MCE aka RC6 receiver. Those are the most compatible ones and the easiest to use, not only for MP. Literally plug and play...

Some examples:
    https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Microsoft-Center-Control-Receiver/dp/B006TPPVKE
    https://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-Receiver-OVU104007-RC1154006-Microsoft/dp/B0057GXAW2

And we have a forum member @AEOne who has an online shop in Germany that sell high quality but cheap RC6 receivers. But I don't know if he's shipping to the US.

Users who are viewing this thread