Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All

One Minute rant, are we getting a kickback from above cards i can understand from a analogue point of view but surely THE FUTURE IS DIGITAL whether it Terrestrial, Cable or Sattelite

Right OK now back to Normal

8)

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you wanna tell us? Without ranting, pls. BTW, there are many digital cards available from Hauppauge. All supported...

And some countries/regions don't have DVB or ATSC (or not all channels are in the digital bouquets), so have to use analog.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    In North America, all we have is analogue NTSC broadcasts. There is digital cable or satelite reception, but almost all are using proprietary encapsulation and require a STB from the Cable Co. in order to use it properly.

The only over-the-air digital we have right now is ATSC OTA, and card support here is still very sparse as well as signal strength due to topography.

Since all we have are analogue broadcasts for the general populace, if you see someone recommend a PVR 150/500 - its because its really the best and only solution in North America. :wink:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Point of my previous post was to emphasis that everything is Country/Area specific and a standard answer for one person is not necessarily the format for everyone.
    The best thing this will raise is please be specific were in the world you are and possibly your normal non pc choices before any advice can be given as to which TV card to buy.

8)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I belive the future belongs to IPoTV (IP TV).

In Norway it is getting more and more common, and MS is (from what I hear) releasing IPoTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    For me it is not momentary i.e.when I press play/pause or stop the red dot appears and stays there and presumably has scheduled a recording, pressing either button again turns the red dot off and cancels the recording. I did not try with the number buttons, I am running MP 1.29.
    For me it is not momentary i.e.when I press play/pause or stop the red dot appears and stays there and presumably has scheduled a...
    I recollect someone else reporting this problem, but I cannot now find the relevant post. In this thread I want describe the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom