Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (4 Viewers)

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Do you have a virus scanner enabled? I had a similar problem with an ATI board and it went away when I disable my virus scanner.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If some one would be so kind as to help me out a bit I have read what seems like a millon post and how to guides but I still can't get this to work. I can get video but no audio my specs are as follows.

Do you get audio in Arcsoft ShowBiz ?

If yes, you should go in you channel list (TVServer configuration), double click on a channel, click edit and you should choose these options :

Like WileE says in post #1 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support-94850/

HD-PVR:

pin 0 = Video_YRYBY = YRYBY #1 = Component video (red + blue + green RCA plugs)
    pin 1 = Video_SVideo = SVHS #1 = S-video (multi-pin round DIN plug)
    pin 2 = Video_Composite = CVBS #1 = Composite video (yellow RCA plug)
    pin 3 = Audio_SPDIFDigital = SPDIF In #1 = S/PDIF audio
    pin 4 = Audio_Line = Line In #1 = RCA L/R audio (white and red RCA plugs)
    pin 5 = Audio_AUX = Aux In #1 = ???

RESTART TVSERVICE or reboot. Test in MediaPortal TV the channel you've just edit, if it works, do the same for all channels mapped to the HD-PVR.

hope it helps.

kilik360

leigh75

Portal Member
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    thanks for your offer but I'm not using a Colossus I have the HD-PVR. I'm going to try it with RCA cables and see if that works and I'm planing on getting a Colossus soon for a second tuner. Could you tell me if it has two imputs or one with a pass through?

sorry I did not see the rest of the replays no virus scaner and yes to audio in arcsoft and I will try the other and let you know and thanks again for your help.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    thanks for your offer but I'm not using a Colossus I have the HD-PVR. I'm going to try it with RCA cables and see if that works and I'm planing on getting a Colossus soon for a second tuner. Could you tell me if it has two imputs or one with a pass through?

1 input with a pass through. 149.99 at newegg

leigh75

Portal Member
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thats what I thought! Any help with firewire channel change if I install IRSS it will install fine but when I add it to my plugins. I can't bring up the settings page to config it.

Ok so that got me audio now I just need to get channel change with firewire working and I'm all good thanks again for the help it so simple.

leigh75

Portal Member
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    From what I'm seeing all the how to's don't really say how to do it but that it can be done. I may have to stick with the ir blaster for now. I'm on my way to get the colosus now $155 at canada computers and a new stb from rogers.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

leigh75

Portal Member
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I do have the patch installed but I'm running 1.2.2 is that ok? One other thing I do have timmores firewire installed and it work at the command promt. I just can't see how to get it working with IRSS or in mediaportal is this some thing you have running and can you point were to find out how to get it runnig? Thank for any further help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom