Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (2 Viewers)

PABeaver

Portal Member
November 12, 2004
Portland, OR
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I do have the patch installed but I'm running 1.2.2 is that ok? One other thing I do have timmores firewire installed and it work at the command promt. I just can't see how to get it working with IRSS or in mediaportal is this some thing you have running and can you point were to find out how to get it runnig? Thank for any further help.

Check out this thread, as it goes through the firewire setup step by step. I have it running perfectly.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../change-channels-your-stb-via-firewire-70929/

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll get you going. The thing I like about firewire is that the channel changes are about as fast as you can get.

leigh75

Portal Member
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have looked at that post and in fact it is how I got channel change to work in cmd. As for IRSS it all it tells you is setup IRSS and that is the part I can't get. Thank you for pointing it out.

PABeaver

Portal Member
November 12, 2004
Portland, OR
Home Country
I have looked at that post and in fact it is how I got channel change to work in cmd. As for IRSS it all it tells you is setup IRSS and that is the part I can't get. Thank you for pointing it out.

Ah - yeah. I tried to expand on that a bit in that post but IRSS was pretty confusing to me at first too, and there could be more explanation there. Going from memory, just install the most up to date version of IRSS with the TV3 Blaster Plugin. You don't need to configure anything in IRSS, just go into the TV server configuration, select the TV3 Blaster Plugin and press the STB Setup button toward the bottom of that configuration screen. You can follow the directions in the post from then on.

Hope that helps.

leigh75

Portal Member
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Ok so I have played with it some more and can now get irss to change channels. The thing is that it will send random comands and only 3 out of 10 time change to the right channel. On top of that it will change the channel up to five time in one go before it stops. What I have done is pointed each diget to channel.exe along with the select and per change did I do that right? The next thing is that this dose not work at all in the frontend! Any more help would be great and thankyou again for the help you have given so far.

leigh75

Portal Member
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
allright brain fart here I whent back and did yet another fresh install. The installed mediaportall after all windows updates and driver and hauppauge drivers and apps. Then installed tim mores firewire mis. Then Irss stoped tvservice and apllyed the patch I went with MP 1.2.1 this time and just setup per change this time. It work right off now I still can't change channels from the guide in the frontend and will play with it some more but some help would still be great. One idea was do I copy the patch to the mediaportal plugins as well as the tv server?

Add one more brain fart two my list today I can now change channels from the guide and think I'm all set from this end. I am however getting an erro msg when I try to watch tv in a preview but I think thats my fault and am yet again reinstalling from the ground up. If I get it this time round I'm make a back up for sure so I don't have to do this again lol! All I have left to do is comskip and comclean but that can wait for abit until I get my record size and qulait down. Thank again for the help I think I may just do a right up on how I got this all to work. If I do would some one give it a look to see if I have it right?

PABeaver

Portal Member
November 12, 2004
Portland, OR
Home Country
I say go for it! I originally wrote the basic firewire instructions in the original HD-PVR thread so that I had something to reference when I reinstalled and sure enough I have to go back and look at them every time LOL.

Glad you got it all working. I am not sure if preview works with the HD-PVR, I always just test it from the client.

leigh75

Portal Member
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm all most done with my howto I have one last thing to get working and my setup is done. I just got a new stb and have to see if I can get it work as well! If not with firewire I will have to use the blaster that came with my hd-pvr until I can get my hands on a sa 4250hd box. Thanks again for all the help and my I ask what is used for channel change on a 64bit system.

deskwizard

Portal Member
April 12, 2010
St-Hubert
Home Country
Canada Canada
SA4250 works wonderfuly with the firewire channel change, just have to use option 6 if i'm nor mistaken.

Under x64 I went back to the old MCE blaster.

DW

leigh75

Portal Member
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Ok so I picked up cisco 4642hd but I don't have a long enugh firewire cable so I don't know if I can use firewire yet. So I set it up with the hauppauge irblaster and I can change channels fine with that. But now I can't change my 4250hd via firewire and to top it off I get audio from the 4250 but no video. do you know how I would set this up?

All right now I have my 4250hd changing channels with firewire but I can't use my 4642hd via irblaster! Can any one tell me how this is done? I would like to be able to watch and record at the the same time or just record on two channels at once. Can I do this and how do I set the audio so it will work for both of my "tuners". I have an HD-PVR and a colossus any help here would be great and thank in adv if some one can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom