dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes Igor & I have discussed this.
    He may be helping us out. Hopefully with his knowledge we'll have a working solution for you soon.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK Norwegian & Kiwi users should now get audio working with the latest TVServer + MP builds.
    We have bundled a working AAC decoder into the TVClient plugin.

Many thanks go to Igor Janos for...
    1. Adjusting his decoder to work with TSReader
    and
    2. For letting us bundle the decoder with the TVClient plugin.

Igor's web page is here...
    RadScorpion’s blog Blog Archive MONOGRAM AAC Decoder 0.9.1.0 beta

DMAN

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    GREAT NEWS! Thank you from all Vikings and Kiwis (?).

Just to be clear: no way making it work with TVE2?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    GREAT NEWS! Thank you from all Vikings and Kiwis (?).

Just to be clear: no way making it work with TVE2?

Definately not! TVE2 uses DVR-MS which is not compatible with all these nice new video & audio formats.
    Besides TVServer is the way forward. I'm not looking back...

DMAN

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    We're almost there :) It works, but only sometimes, on my system. AC3 is good, but the AAC channels only decode sometimes. I generally get frozen video and no audio. Switching channel a few times then back to the AAC channels gets it working. I have SVN 17666 of server, client plugin and MediaPortal. I normally use Cyberlink H.264 video codec, but have also tried CoreAVC with the same result.

I can do some more testing/checking if you tell me what to look for, and have attached log files of the channels generally not working. TVOne and TV2 are AC3 and work fine, all the others are AAC and only work intermittently.

Thanks again for your work on this, really appreciate it!

Phatbloke

Portal Member
    December 14, 2005
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MARKFNZ
    Same here I have am getting hit an miss with the audio. It works on every channel just not every time. Normally the startup channel goes and then every 2nd channel I change to works until finally none of the audo works on any channel till I restart MP.
    Also for some reason the Cyberlink and CoreAVC codecs do the freezing video that you say but the ffdshow works perfectly. I get low CPU usage with it too only 10% on a Intel Duo 2.3 and a Nvidia 8500GT.

Still I got to say great work dman_lfc I am super happy that you have even got it this far.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try turning off prefer AC3 and see if it's any better

DMAN

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just tried that, unfortunately no luck. The AC3 channels obviously try to use the AAC audio stream by default, and you either get frozen video and no audio, or normal video and no audio. Selecting the audio language from the menu while TV is playing and switching to AC3 works fine. 2 streams are listed for channels with them (TVOne and TV2):

1. unknown:eng
    2. AC3:eng

AAC channels are the same as before, and if you go into the audio menu it just lists "unknown:eng".

Any logs you want?

Thanks

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just tried that, unfortunately no luck. The AC3 channels obviously try to use the AAC audio stream by default, and you either get frozen video and no audio, or normal video and no audio. Selecting the audio language from the menu while TV is playing and switching to AC3 works fine. 2 streams are listed for channels with them (TVOne and TV2):

1. unknown:eng
    2. AC3:eng

AAC channels are the same as before, and if you go into the audio menu it just lists "unknown:eng".

Any logs you want?

Thanks

OK hopefully I have fixed the 'unknown' issue.
    Update SVN to 17682 or later of MP, TVServer & Client

Then if you still have issues give more details on the channels you are going to and from & steps etc.
    Keep the test simple and keep the logs clean. (i.e. only information of the test. delete all logs beforehand)

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom