hello, Is it possible to convert XBMC plugins to mediaportal plugins? (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is no xbmc to MP converter app or something like that. :p The structure of xbmc plugins is completely different than MP plugins.

So You can't.. But wich plugin do you like to see for Mediaportal? Maybe there is one allready.. Otherwise you can do a request in our plugin section.. :)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Not in an automatic way, xbmc is using python scripting while .net plugins are written in .NET.

You might be able to re-use code using http://ironpython.net/ but it would still need a developer to adapt (and compile) it to a MediaPortal plugin. Out of curiosity, what plugin would you want to "port"?

mp3lll

Portal Member
    December 24, 2010
    Many Thanks for your comannd.

:)
    To xbmc have Lot online video for israel site.
    i do not like xbmc, and i need all the time to close mp and open xbmc for online view.

so i just think maby.

Thanks you guys.

Last edited:

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Many Thanks for your comannd.

:)
    To xbmc have Lot online video for israel site.
    i do not like xbmc, and i need all the time to close mp and open xbmc for online view.

so i just think maby.

Thanks you guys.

You could try the "Onlinevideos" plugin, it has already a lot of sites and it is (relative) easy to add your own sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter to the profile. I'll try to add this option in the next version. PS: please use official thread
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter...
    I have the current (1.0.2.0 level) World Weather Lite plugins installed on x86 and x64 different MP1 copies. When Location is...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom