Help us improving the tv /radio configuration (1 Viewer)

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ upsapce

Code:
    where can i download those city/country frequency lists? are they delivered with the base installation or do i have to download the xml seperately?

All supported channellists are in the Media Portal.exe
    and new ones will be updated with the latest CVS at www.myshare.de --> goto CVS download.

Regards
    Ralph

upspace

Portal Member
    October 19, 2005
    thank you for kind support. i will update the xml with the zurich, cablecom settings and send the file to frodo.

one more question: how do i import the xml?

cheers.

-----

respect! media portal is the best htpc software ever

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    upspace said:
    thank you for kind support. i will update the xml with the zurich, cablecom settings and send the file to frodo.

one more question: how do i import the xml?

cheers.

-----

respect! media portal is the best htpc software ever

You can't... these file are only used by the "Wizard Setup"

Some explanation about tuning in MP is required I think :

-At the moment, if you want to configure all your channels in MP and you're country, state, provider is not listed in the Media Portal Setup Wizard (the wizard that is executed the first time you run MP, or via the settings menu), you'll have to configure all your channels manually (autotune and then sorting the channels, removing duplicate entry and so)

but :
    -If you create the XML file with all your channels, AND once it will be integrated on the media portal online TV configuration "DATABASE" (see my post above) you and all users of your city won't have to configure again all channels manually... you'll just have to select your country in the wizard and configuration is over.

The aim is to have such a file for every location on earth ^_^

The main problem at the moment is that you can't integrate these file manually for testing purpose.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Frodo wrote:
    I got it, now what?
    - place it in the xml format as described below and email to e.beckers@gmail.com

That's what I did any many others.
    And after some days they were available within the latest CVS.

Maybe this process didn't work the latest month (Frodo was in Australia) , but that's the way it should.
    Even not to discourage new channellist-creators. :wink:

So keep on creating channellists, they will be implemented (sooner or later).

Regrads
    Ralph

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I posted mine months ago, (as many others...just follow this thread) and they where never integrated... But I hope to see them sooner or later ;)

ookmich

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2005
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Are new cities added to the install files?
    A couple of months ago I sent my file for Gouda, Holland but this is not included in RC2 installation.

Could it be an idea to create an online storage for all channel lists?
    Just lik the online language files....

Michiel

f0rmula

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2006
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a thought, but most people in the UK can point their aerials at more than one transmitter, which will certainly have it's channels on different frequencies.

Perhaps defining channels by transmitter, and then offering the user a choice of the transmitters in their area that they could be recieving from might be a better idea?

Hardcoding a certain postcode/city to a certain transmitter will only work for a subset of people..

James

Tech Geek

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2006
    Denver, CO USA
    f0rmula said:
    Just a thought, but most people in the UK can point their aerials at more than one transmitter, which will certainly have it's channels on different frequencies.

Perhaps defining channels by transmitter, and then offering the user a choice of the transmitters in their area that they could be recieving from might be a better idea?

Hardcoding a certain postcode/city to a certain transmitter will only work for a subset of people..

James

In the US we can have the same situation if you are in the right location. Multiple cities as a source.

In my case I have basic cable + off air digital stations. I can't retrieve program guides for both cable and off air for the same city let alone different ones.

user_99

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Austria, Graz
    CHli said:
    I posted mine months ago, (as many others...just follow this thread) and they where never integrated... But I hope to see them sooner or later ;)
    Hep, here the same.

frodo said:
    ok, include the provider name
    and spam my email box with all those nice xml files;-)

Frodo
    But new files never updated and available in the setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom