HELP US: Testing the new filter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I fixed rewinding/forwarding with TsReader.
    Try next snapshot (svn rev. from 16875)

Seems much better now when using MPV, still not working(Freezes until play resume) with NVIDIA

:D
    mcraenz

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi again - just tried 16891 still no change in my problem - I still can't realiably seek - bummer :(

I can only assume it must be something I'm doing in configuration because I've tried multiple different hardware set ups and on both XP and Vista.

Should I open a thread under support?? Thanks for your help.

wemppu

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yes! TsReader fast forward and rewind is workin again!

Seems to work smoothly again.
    Now 0.2.3 can be taken to production environment again :)
    Big thanks!

:D

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Seems much better now when using MPV, still not working(Freezes until play resume) with NVIDIA

Please remember that the purevideo codecs are obsolete for 2 years now and won't be developed any further :(

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I installed all the latest versions of everything to test the rewind/fastforwrd which does seem better but on returning to tsreader I'm again reminded of another issue that I used to see when using tsreader:

Tonight I recorded Jaws and when got home and tried to watch it won't play; system hangs Hard drive light is on solid.

So I killed everything and went back into MP went to recorded TV; then from another computer on the network I deleted all my logs.

I then selected the Jaws recording; system hangs (hard drive LED on solid) but after waiting about 6 mins (as you can see in the logs) it eventually started to play(Hard Drive LED still SOLID!) , played for a couple of mins then I tried to skip-step forward 5mins and it again hangs and eventually starts to play again but not from 5mins forward but from the beginning again!

Hard drive LED is STILL on solid which seems odd since these are not high bitrate files (Maybe 3mbps?)

I would really appreciate someone taking a look at my attached log files. It seems most people are having a good time with TsReader so maybe my system needs a rebuild? But to be honest everything is very smooth and stable with tsfilesource :-(

Please remember that the purevideo codecs are obsolete for 2 years now and won't be developed any further :(
    [/QUOTE]
    Oh I didn't know that, good to know. What's the "ideal" codec? is it best just to use MPV? it seems the picture quality is not as good as NVIDIA? Or am I imagining that!? btw I don't have a NVIDIA video card so it's not like I'm making use of it in terms of the hardware.

wemppu

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hey wemppu, Can you tell us your systems specs, codecs, drivers etc?

Cheers,
    mcraenz

I have;
    - Win XP on DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2517 MHz (9 x 280)
    - Asus P5B-E
    - NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 with driver nv4_disp (6.14.11.6262 - nVIDIA ForceWare 162.62), dualhead display
    - Using Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 8.1.0.1026 (from K-Lite Mega codec pack 3.6.5) for TV, we do not have HD broadcasts here in finland (as non commercial channels at least), AC3filter for audio
    - TT-budget® C-1500 TV card with WDM drivers (since BDA drivers are conflicting with keyboad/mouse/sound somehow)
    - TVEngine3 Snapshot: 01-05-2008 01-08h Revision 16891
    - MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot: 01-05-2008 01-04 (no revision available), latests at the moment
    - TV server and client on same machine (test environment) i quess this means 'single seat'?

I quess those are the ones having some kind of effect on MP usability.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mcraenz:
    That isn't a TsReader problem. It's moreover a somewhat corrupted recording caused possibly by TsWriter or bad reception.
    You could try the recording with ProjectX and just convert it to .ts.
    This doesn't change the videoformat or anything else but should try to fix errors in your file.
    With a bit of luck the resulting file plays fine.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    mcraenz:
    That isn't a TsReader problem. It's moreover a somewhat corrupted recording caused possibly by TsWriter or bad reception.
    You could try the recording with ProjectX and just convert it to .ts.
    This doesn't change the videoformat or anything else but should try to fix errors in your file.
    With a bit of luck the resulting file plays fine.

Yep. Indeed id sounds like timestamps gone wild in the TsWriter.ax wich causes the TsReader.ax to have issues in the playback. This reminds me one question... gemx, anything for me to be tested? :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Oh I didn't know that, good to know. What's the "ideal" codec? is it best just to use MPV? it seems the picture quality is not as good as NVIDIA? Or am I imagining that!? btw I don't have a NVIDIA video card so it's not like I'm making use of it in terms of the hardware.

I would suggest to try the PowerDVD / Cyberling mpeg2 decoder and ffdshow decoder for audio. Currently Cyberlink audio decoder isn't playing that nicely with the TsReader when changing channels.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom