HELP US: Testing the new filter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnie_t

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
Since a couple of svn-builds, I can't play ANY TS-file anymore (Mediaportal freezes) through Mediaportal, Mpeg and dvr-ms are no problem. I have the latest svn-builds of Mediaportal and TVEngine3. I did a clean install just now

hello_man

Portal Member
June 15, 2006
Are there any work around of HD recording playback issue. I tried numerous build to find one working but no luck.
I can't playback HD recording either mpg or ts. mpg has glitch every 10 sec with no audio, and ts doesn't play at all (becase of multiple video streams I guess as reported by others).

elpeterle

Portal Member
June 16, 2007
Playback issues

Hi there.

Since Mediaportal switched to the new TsReader Filter, i had trouble playing back some of my HD recordings.
SD recrodings worked fine. However there where also HD recording which played correctly.

I looked a little bit further into this and found out that the TsReader did not find any PMT in the stream (PAT was OK).
The reason was the "Timeout" setting in DeMultiplexer.cpp:

if (dwBytesProcessed>1000000 || GetAudioStreamCount()>0)

My guess is that the PMT / Mbyte ratio dropped below 1 with HD recordings :D

changing above to

if (dwBytesProcessed>5000000 || GetAudioStreamCount()>0)

solved my playback issues.
Maybe this helps others having trouble playing back their HD recordings.

Greetings from germany & keep up the nice work Team Media Portal!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I looked a little bit further into this and found out that the TsReader did not find any PMT in the stream (PAT was OK).
    The reason was the "Timeout" setting in DeMultiplexer.cpp:

if (dwBytesProcessed>1000000 || GetAudioStreamCount()>0)

My guess is that the PMT / Mbyte ratio dropped below 1 with HD recordings :D

changing above to

if (dwBytesProcessed>5000000 || GetAudioStreamCount()>0)

Thanks for the find. Fixed in SVN revision 16833.

:D

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry to harp on...but...Can people describe there experiences with ffwd and rrwnd?
    As in speeding up playback 2x, 4x, 8x etc...
    Does it work?
    How fast/smooth is it?
    What codecs have have you tried?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    mcraenz,

with EVR enabled under Vista you have no video at all. With VMR9 only FFWd at 2x, 4x works and no FRwd...

Simone

Franky

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2005
    ITALY
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    With SVN 16844, cyberlink h.264 or CoreAVC:
    I still can't play TS HD files... here the log section with the error:
    Any Idea?

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I recorded a show today in ts format. Then i tried to play, rewind 2x for 10 seconds and play again. I did the same test with the file in My Videos and from recorded TV in My TV. Tsreader log has "rewinding start and "rewinding end tag.

In My Videos the picture followed along but not in the same speed as the time, when playing again the picture was not in sync with time.

In My TV the picture freezed but the picture came back when playing again, picture and time matched afterwards.

I'm using Dscaler decoder
    and SVN 16781

My Videos "not logged" (later on i tested first Fast forward 32x, the time ran away but picture was moving at the same speed in both 2x and 32x, i resumed playing picture was not in sync with time, made a rewinding command followed directly by play and the picture and time is in sync ??? In My TV the picture just freezes, but he never looses track of time discarding if i'm going 32x or 2x back/forward.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom