HELP US: Testing the new filter (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemppu

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Sorry to harp on...but...Can people describe there experiences with ffwd and rrwnd?
As in speeding up playback 2x, 4x, 8x etc...
Does it work?
How fast/smooth is it?
What codecs have have you tried?
Still not working. some spacs about feature earlier in this thread;
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=212867&postcount=507

I have tested pretty much all available codecs and it does not seem to have any effect on this behavior. Same thing with recorded TS files with exception jumping to to end of file. Timecode (frame?) after FF/RW is something different than actual point on stream.

In fact, current FF/RW usability is so low that I switched back to RC2 build 16016 and FF/RW is working now working perfectly.

I am still curious that is there really MP users with recent build who has working FF/RW?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Sorry to harp on...but...Can people describe there experiences with ffwd and rrwnd?
    As in speeding up playback 2x, 4x, 8x etc...
    Does it work?
    How fast/smooth is it?
    What codecs have have you tried?
    Still not working. some spacs about feature earlier in this thread;
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=212867&postcount=507

I have tested pretty much all available codecs and it does not seem to have any effect on this behavior. Same thing with recorded TS files with exception jumping to to end of file. Timecode (frame?) after FF/RW is something different than actual point on stream.

In fact, current FF/RW usability is so low that I switched back to RC2 build 16016 and FF/RW is working now working perfectly.

I am still curious that is there really MP users with recent build who has working FF/RW?

Current workaround is to use skip steps (wich are much better way to seek in the media files). FF/RW issue will hopefully solved soon after more important bugs are fixed.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ah... thats what I thought. I just noticed that TVE2 acts different with latest SVN when using analogue/STB; no "blanking" when channel changing (just like the new filter w/TVE3)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Guys - I'm wondering if someone can help me get skipping to seek work in TV3 - I've been runnig TV3 for quite some time now and regularly update to the latest SVN but I don't think I've ever had seeking (even via skipping) work - despite several rebuilds and different hardware - my deepest hope is that I'm doing something wrong that someone can help me correct :)

Current setup is:

TV-Server Version: 16781
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 16781
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two wide
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
    CPU Type: Intel
    Video Card: Various
    1. TV Card: DVB-T (kworld BDA driver)
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVC-250
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV (also tried dscaler and ffdshow)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA (and various others0
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Foxtel

TV Server setup is a multi-seat network (wired)

When I try and seek rewind (using the skip button) the first couple of times it does nothing - I press the seek button once to seek 15 seconds and it inturrupts the playback for a moment but then keeps playing from the same spot. However the 3rd or 4th time I press the seek button (just 15 seconds each time) it will seek correctly.

Any ideas? I'd be over the moon if I could get this working :)

Attached are some logs - I cleared the log while I had the video playing - I then press seek twice unsuccessfully and the last time I press it the seek is successful.

Please let me know if there is more information I can provide :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I fixed rewinding/forwarding with TsReader.
    Try next snapshot (svn rev. from 16875)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I fixed rewinding/forwarding with TsReader.
    Try next snapshot (svn rev. from 16875)

Confirmed to be working (at least on my dev PC, didn't have yet time to update HTPC today). Thanks.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi - I don't see 16875 as available yet - latest I can see is 16867. I tried 16867 but still have exactly the same problem - should I wait for 16875 or could it be something else??

(I tried skipping and rewinding with 16867)

Thanks for your help Gemx.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom