pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is there a easy (simple, straight forward) way to display rtsp streams for example a local IP Cam?

THX in Advance

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What about adding it as IPTV Stream?

--> create m3u for rtsp stream in MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbip
    --> add channel by scanning Cannel in TV-Server configuration

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What about adding it as IPTV Stream?

--> create m3u for rtsp stream in MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbip
    --> add channel by scanning Cannel in TV-Server configuration

:) - Good idea - only thing is that the tvserver dies as soon I do a channel scan ... nteresting Part - found the VODServer and If i use this in between - it -works - most of the time ... going to open a ticket

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is that the TV Server needs the stream in mpeg2-ts.
    I want to use also several streams and have also seen the plugin vodserver but I haven't found out how it works.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I want to use also several streams and have also seen the plugin vodserver but I haven't found out how it works.
    It's rather straight forward - unpack the files to a Folder - create a shortcut of the VODServer.jar file and start the server (ah yes - java nees to beinstalled). And than you put http://127.0.0.1:9999/play?input= before the rtsp url - but if you follow the wiki on his site its explained very good.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can you watch the stream with vlc media-player and do you have myemulators-plugin running?
    If yes, you could:
    1. create a bat-file that opens the stream in fullscreen mode (-f) like
      "C:\path to vlc.exe" http://adress of stream -f
    2. create a link that opens the bat-file
    3. integrate the Link in myemulators plugin
    maybe this sounds a litte bit difficult, but thats how i made my IP-Camera running in MP (also because TV-Server could not handle it as channel)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can you watch the stream with vlc media-player and do you have myemulators-plugin running?
    If yes, you could:
    1. create a bat-file that opens the stream in fullscreen mode (-f) like
      "C:\path to vlc.exe" http://adress of stream -f
    2. create a link that opens the bat-file
    3. integrate the Link in myemulators plugin
    maybe this sounds a litte bit difficult, but thats how i made my IP-Camera running in MP (also because TV-Server could not handle it as channel)

Hm - also an option - but the solution with vodserver is working fine for me - it's more playing around and trying to understand how this IP stuff works :). Probably the biggest task is that user/pw are not supported so your workaround or teh vod one are the only options (until of course there is a plugin developer who has a heart for IPCam User and creates a usefull plugin ;)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's rather straight forward - unpack the files to a Folder - create a shortcut of the VODServer.jar file and start the server (ah yes - java nees to beinstalled). And than you put http://127.0.0.1:9999/play?input= before the rtsp url - but if you follow the wiki on his site its explained very good.

Sorry for that late reply but I was on holiday. I did some test but without success.
    How do I start the jar-file? With double click?
    Where do I have to put the text "http://127.0.0.1:9999/play?input=" in?

E. g. I want to watch this channel:
    rtsp://yayin5.canliyayin.org/anadilitv

Users who are viewing this thread