how can I pull multiple folders into recorded TV (1 Viewer)

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
how can I pull in multiple folders and show their content in 'Recorded TV'? I offload the recorded content nightly to a secondary location but I still want them to be avail to 'Recorded TV'. Thanks!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    notdesigned for that. use my tv series plugin.
    or use the tv management plugin to move recordings automatically.
    you can manually import moved recordings in tvserver config.
    or you can create sym links.

Last edited:

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    I am using my tv series and it works well but some one-off recordings don't appear there. Am I missing a configuration setting?

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    that's what I was thinking but I think this is expected it. Not all shows I recorded will have corresponding season and episode information. Does that mean I can't bring them in to my tv series?

deadmonty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Red Lodge, Suffolk, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I do precisely this with my old recordings. I set the recording folder of the tuner with the lowest priority (and therefore least likely to be used) to an 'archive' folder so that its contents appear in Recorded TV.

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I do precisely this with my old recordings. I set the recording folder of the tuner with the lowest priority (and therefore least likely to be used) to an 'archive' folder so that its contents appear in Recorded TV.
    Ingenious idea, so long as you have lots of tuners:)

Any way to make a fake tuner and then disable it to fool the old MP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very informative and detailed responses. I will take your advice and monitor the Scheduled recordings list for the discrepancies you have described. Cheers.
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very...
    I am in Australia. My problem is with recorded tv programs. Most times the program title and info are correct but quite often the...
    Replies
    Views
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    I'm about to do a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade on a disk that has 2 partitions. The second partition holds all the recorded tv files so...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter to the profile. I'll try to add this option in the next version. PS: please use official thread
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter...
    I have the current (1.0.2.0 level) World Weather Lite plugins installed on x86 and x64 different MP1 copies. When Location is...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Purge old recordings DE
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom