How do I create a OSD keyboard? (1 Viewer)

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Title says it all. I can't find any explaination about how to implement a OSD keyboard. Can someone give a simple example of the skin and C# parts.

Thanks

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
This code will show it:

Code:
VirtualSearchKeyboard keyBoard = (VirtualSearchKeyboard)GUIWindowManager.GetWindow(1001);
keyBoard.Text = String.Empty;
keyBoard.Reset();
keyBoard.DoModal(activeWindow); // show it...

// keyBoard.Text will give you the input once the user has closed the keyboard

If you want to be notified everytime a key is pressed on the keyboard, you can subscribe to the events like so:

Code:
keyBoard.TextChanged += new MediaPortal.Dialogs.VirtualSearchKeyboard.TextChangedEventHandler(keyboard_TextChanged); // add the event handler

Sam

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    I believe Vanessa is willing (at least she was wanting to make some changes back a few weeks ago - I believe to the OSD of the keyboard) to make graphic changes. I maybe talking incorrectly but Vanessa will correct if that is the case.

Mike

hobbes487

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    Home Country
    This code will show it:

Code:
    VirtualSearchKeyboard keyBoard = (VirtualSearchKeyboard)GUIWindowManager.GetWindow(1001);
    keyBoard.Text = String.Empty;
    keyBoard.Reset();
    keyBoard.DoModal(activeWindow); // show it...

// keyBoard.Text will give you the input once the user has closed the keyboard

If you want to be notified everytime a key is pressed on the keyboard, you can subscribe to the events like so:

Code:
    keyBoard.TextChanged += new MediaPortal.Dialogs.VirtualSearchKeyboard.TextChangedEventHandler(keyboard_TextChanged); // add the event handler

Sam

thanks. what is activeWindow in your example? also, do I need to add somehting to the skin file?

EDIT: i figured it out. thanks!

CyberDannen

Portal Member
    May 31, 2006
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I have one more Question...

where kann I add the Prozess for..(keyboard_textChanged)?

Examble:
    public void keyboard_Textchanged() ?

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added: symbolRateMultiplier
    Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added...
    Hi I have a TV server 1.12 on a dedicated box, utilizing 2 DVB-C cards and newcs. I want to keep that installation. However one of...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
    Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all data including poster. Also the import speed is much faster + the local data are kept forever, even MP2 is removed. To overwrite only some movies you need to remove them once from the share, place an...
    Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all...
    Hi, I'm new here but have been gradually getting my head around setting everything up but one simple task is throwing me off - how...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom