How do i get XMLTV running for australia (1 Viewer)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    come to #mediaportal on efnet and give us those non working xml's in MP if they do work in other apps.

Problem about xmltv is that there r soooo many different versions.
    So we simply extend the importer when a non working one comes around.
    No problem.

So, hope seeing you guys soon, then maybe it can make it in 0.0.0.5 :)

A

Anonymous

MrMario64

I have emailed you a grab of one days worth

Sam

I hope you don't mind, I sent MrMario64 a copy of your grabber.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    k,

the problem is that xml is case-sensative.
    You guys do:
    <Display-Name lang="en">Channel Seven</Display-Name>

wich should be
    <display-name lang="en">Channel Seven</display-name>

MP is changed to accept this now but I advice you guys to change this as you really need it to be low case as other programs may also show this problem.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    MrMario64 said:
    k,

the problem is that xml is case-sensative.
    You guys do:
    <Display-Name lang="en">Channel Seven</Display-Name>

wich should be
    <display-name lang="en">Channel Seven</display-name>

MP is changed to accept this now but I advice you guys to change this as you really need it to be low case as other programs may also show this problem.

Bugger, what a simple mistake. Thanks MrMario64 for your quick response. I've just implemented the change (just changed a line of code), so if anyone wants the new version, please PM me.

<mental-note>Need to setup website for this...</mental-note>

Sam

A

Anonymous

I can certainly confirm that your old version Sam works in 0.0.5.

Thanks to everyone for this.

Can anyone host this for Sam? Its only about 10KB.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i have a digital tuner in my htpc.

I tried sla's perl script and it got stuck on the first line(cant find icon for 9.melbourne.something)

it just froze there in the dos box and didnt do anything.

sla...can u offer some advice?

sla

Portal Member
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    I get the
    ERROR! - no channel icon found for free.Melbourne.9!
    message too.

After that message, the script continues to download the data. It takes around 1-2 minutes to gather the half meg worth of data.

But I'm sure you've waited longer than that, right? :)

If you have perl experience, maybe you can run the script in debug mode and see where it's hanging - message me what you find. We should take this debugging offline. I'll pm you.

Otherwise, since others have had success with Sam's script, you might like to try that.

sla

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    The 'no channel icon for free.Melbourne.9' error occurs in my program as well. I had a look at what the D1 web service returns, and it isn't a fault of the programs, rather the D1 web service is missing the channel 9 icon for some odd reason.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread