How do I put in Moving Pictures titles of movies in DVD?

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by Africa67, September 4, 2014.

1. Africa67
    • Premium Supporter

Africa67 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Show System Specs
    If I have a DVD collection (in the library and not hardisk) and I would put them in the archive of Moving Pictures as I do?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,660 / 2
    Enable the option in MovPic config to import on inserted optical media and then just start inserting your collection (was enabled by default if memory serves me). This way each DVD gets properly linked with the serial number, and MovPic will be able to tell you "please insert disc" when you select that movie to play. It is a lot of work obviously if you have a large collection, but it greatly outweights the alternative of manually creating dummy mediafiles, or manually adding MovPic entries.

You can do this inside MovPic GUI, but you do not have a lot of feedback then, so I would suggest you do it inside MovPic config. That way if a DVD has a cryptic disc label and MovPic is struggling to auto-match that to an IMDb entry, then you can immediatly correct it, and do it much easier then the GUI import screen. Try both otherwise, see which one you prefer. And you can just do a few DVDs here and there if you are not looking forward at the amount of work on a large collection.

4. Africa67
    • Premium Supporter

Africa67 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Show System Specs
    Dear, thanks for your reply.
    Hoped had a chance to hook up an external database, as is the case for MyFilms.
    I try to see the results I get with a couple of DVD, if it is then I will get the desired result of a commitment to upload my 400 dvd.
    Thanks again.

5. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,660 / 2
    You did not mention you had an external database. There are scraper-script solutions for many offline external database systems, check the list of build in solutions (MyFilms is supported), or check the forum for additional ones.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!