How do I put in Moving Pictures titles of movies in DVD? (1 Viewer)

Africa67

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Cinquefrondi
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    If I have a DVD collection (in the library and not hardisk) and I would put them in the archive of Moving Pictures as I do?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Enable the option in MovPic config to import on inserted optical media and then just start inserting your collection (was enabled by default if memory serves me). This way each DVD gets properly linked with the serial number, and MovPic will be able to tell you "please insert disc" when you select that movie to play. It is a lot of work obviously if you have a large collection, but it greatly outweights the alternative of manually creating dummy mediafiles, or manually adding MovPic entries.

You can do this inside MovPic GUI, but you do not have a lot of feedback then, so I would suggest you do it inside MovPic config. That way if a DVD has a cryptic disc label and MovPic is struggling to auto-match that to an IMDb entry, then you can immediatly correct it, and do it much easier then the GUI import screen. Try both otherwise, see which one you prefer. And you can just do a few DVDs here and there if you are not looking forward at the amount of work on a large collection.

Africa67

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Cinquefrondi
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Dear, thanks for your reply.
    Hoped had a chance to hook up an external database, as is the case for MyFilms.
    I try to see the results I get with a couple of DVD, if it is then I will get the desired result of a commitment to upload my 400 dvd.
    Thanks again.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You did not mention you had an external database. There are scraper-script solutions for many offline external database systems, check the list of build in solutions (MyFilms is supported), or check the forum for additional ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select another. Moving Pictures scales down the high res pictures and shrinks the filesize as well so I can't just go to fanart or themoviedb and get the images without doing some extra work to get the file right...
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When the movie is changed from the first item in the list, the value populates. I have a working solution to this issue and it requires an update to the Cornerstone.MP.Extensions project class...
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When...
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When...
    Replies
    Views
    Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures), there's a setting for ignored files you can try to disable. I'm using Mediaportal right now, so can't check exactly how it's worded. Emph
    Also clear your "log" folder before running the import. In the backend importer (from the Configuration/Plugins/MovingPictures)...
    Guys, I could really use some suggestions on this one. I've a large film collection that I've recently transferred over to a new...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom