How do non-GUI plugins receive messages? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi!
I try to develop an LCD plugin. This plugin has of course no GUI, but has to receive messages from other plugins and from MP itself. Any idea on how this can be done?

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yes.
    simply register yourself by:
    Code:
    public void override Start()
    {
       GUIWindowManager.Receivers += new SendMessageHandler(OnMessage);
    }

private void OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    {
        switch (message.Message)
        {
           // do your stuff here
        }
    }

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've updated dlls in first post. Fixes: Summary / Overview was always empty Collections were not filtered to official ones Studios were not populated Fallback to english tagline didn't work Score / Popularity now empty instead of dummy rating and unknown popularity numbers Also I've tried to compile plugin against MP 1.34 x64 and...
    I've updated dlls in first post. Fixes: Summary / Overview was always empty Collections were not filtered to official ones Studios...
    Hi! TheTVDB.com has movies in their API now. API itself looks ok now so I decided to add TVDB to Moving Pictures. Check it if you...
    Replies
    Views
    For me, a clean install of 1.34 x64 TV server only on a fresh Windows 11 Pro device failed because the installation of MySQL in the background never completed, hence no database to connect to. A manual installation of MySQL worked fine, but I didn't know how to prepare MySQL for the TV server database. In the end, I opted for the...
    For me, a clean install of 1.34 x64 TV server only on a fresh Windows 11 Pro device failed because the installation of MySQL in the...
    Hi, went from a 1.29 install (working, reinstalled for other reasons) on a fairly fresh and fully updated Windows 10 system for a...
    Replies
    Views
    Look for all GUI Exif properties: MediaPortal-1/mediaportal/Core/Util/ExifExtensions.cs at 58c955866fb54a8c293afe525862bbb50c8f7b28 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 And: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/4986-add-to-mypictures-plugin-ability-to-search-view-by-keyword.133895/post-1273275
    Look for all GUI Exif properties: MediaPortal-1/mediaportal/Core/Util/ExifExtensions.cs at 58c955866fb54a8c293afe525862bbb50c8f7b28...
    I would like one of the above IPTC metadata fields to display when viewing pictures in MP. I don't really care which, as I can...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core: Fix...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom