Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I'm using this...
    I DO have a focus issue - but I don't think it's related...

One thing I have noticed - If I log off when MP crashes (for other reasons still being investigated) when I log back on and MP auto starts, the focus issue goes away AND MP is solid as a rock until a reboot.
    I press the windows key and choose 'log off', then click the image for my user name and voila...!

Thanks for the files,but still same issue :( .For me the issue with MovPics is a bit different i think because MP does't crash is just freezing when i enter to MovPics and even if i press "close MP" on my remote,MP goes off the screen but the proccess stay in memory,so i have to kill it from task manager.

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I wonder if it is possible to start md automatically in fullscreen when I play a song?

Sorry forget it. Found it right now.

B

BassFan

support close on un4Seen

here is the latest version of BassVis 2.4.1.5
    many Sonique Plugins used now 0% CPU in a resolution 320x240 .. Spehre.svp in 1280x1024 30% (as Sample)
    you can set the rendertiming now self min 10ms / default 16
    and use VideoProc or not.

for future version your must write self a NET.Header for C# use BassVis

best regards Emil
    http://home.arcor.de/em.weiss/BassVis24.zip
    Do not longer BassVis use then inform me!

Bigbird999

Portal Member
    February 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have got it working but not perfectly.
    Issues:
    1 When I go to the now playing screen the milkdrop viz shows in the "CD cover" where the artwork for the folder/album usually shows. And if I go to the home screen the viz shows in the little box at the bottom left where the cover Art usually shows. So for me it has replaced the cover art except in the folder views for the library. Is this the expected behavior?

2 Is there any way to get the viz to display the new song title for more than 1 - 2 sec? I tried editing the config file but it does not change the length of the track display in the viz. But disabling the "Display F1 for help" tickbox works so maybe I am doing something wrong or it can't be adjusted.

Thanks in advance for any help

BB

mikeyb0000

March 22, 2009
    Hi Guys,

I know It may seem like i'm butting in here, but i didn't fell it necessary to start a whole new thread about this as it is very relevant.

I'm using MP 1.0.0.0 and the files for Milkdrop 2.0c that are provided and it all works fine, except the visualizations seem to jerk about every two seconds. It seems to do this regardless of the Milkdrop settings change, which btw only actually work when the milk2.ini is put in the Plugins\Plugins folder.

The annoying thing is that it works beautifully full res (1920x1200) when in winamp but is really jerky inside MP.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Many Thanks,

Mike

lar1r

Portal Member
    August 25, 2007
    Milkdrop visualizations with Apr SVN, MediaStream, Milkdrop 2.1

Question
    1) Is it possible to get MediaStream coverart and song info tags overtop the milkdrop visualizations
    2) In xbmc it is possible to have the visualizations only cover the backdrop / fanart so that menus and Now Playing info are on top of the visualizations. Is this something that can be done in MediaPortal or does it also require specific skin support?

Thx

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

I have been experimenting with milkdrop as installed by the latest MP1.0.1

I have noticed a couple of issues.

Hope this is the right place to discuss them.

1. When I set up milkdrop using the button in the music player section of the MP config app then I can set the MD full screen resolution. I have set mine to 720x576 and set the target fps to 25Hz. I then set the check box to make MD start in full screen. My MP screen res is set at 1920x1080p as this seem to give me best video picture quality. But MD seesm to ignore the setting in the config app and instead runs at 1920x1080p. This gives me lots of tearing presumably because my ATI4550 card is not powerful enough. Could MD be running in fake fullscreen mode - despite what the config app instructs????

2. When I play a full album then normally MD should stay running until the music finally stops - say after 10songs etc. Ocassionally MD drops out of full screen mode and returns to the size of the small preview window - though the rest of the screen is black. The fix is to hit "back" on the remote to return to the menu and then hit the red button. Is there a timeout setting that needs adjusting somewhere?

3. MD is not heeding the display of song title setting in the config app. It doesn't really matter but the menu does warn it needs lots of processing power which some users might lack.

Kev

MARKFNZ

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Kev,

For points 1 and 3, I've seen this mentioned somewhere else in the forum. For reasons which remain unexplained, you need to copy the milk2.ini file from the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MusicPlayer\plugins\visualizations folder to the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\plugins folder, as this is where Milkdrop reads and saves running settings to. Note, that the 2 x "plugins" is not a typo, it is a plugins in a plugins folder.

You will need to recopy the file any time you make changes to the config in the Media Portal config GUI.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom