How to bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA within MP (1 Viewer)

glug

Portal Member
January 3, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
blackEyEz, you may try uninstalling or unregistering the ac3filter. The only filters I use are the MPC-HC stand-a-lones and ffdshow.

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
July 8, 2009
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am having trouble too, whatever i try MP keeps wanting to use haali splitter and ac3filter. I changed merit codes on the FFDshow audio and MPC-HC MPEG splitter to 255 but no go. So i deinstalled haali and ac3filter and now MP wont play the m2ts at all, it said unable to play video H264/TRUEHD.

So i opened MPC-HC and it does play the file but its uses a other AC3filter i think the microsoft one. Not FFDshow audio.

Grrr, i think i need to start from scratch.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    However, the splitter shouldn't affect it - it's just an audio stream as far as the splitter is concerned, and it hands it off to whatever filter is configured (by merit or explicit graph) to handle that type of stream. It's possible you might have to use "automatic" codecs selection.

Splitter matters as not all splitters are able to split all the audio / video formats supported by the container. Older Haali at least wont do any good for the lossless HD audio formats.

Is this something which will be worked on in the future? Can i make a request for this?

Sure, you can ask Haali to support other stream types :). MediaPortal itself doesn't contain any other splitter than the TsReader that is only used for live tv and recordings.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, i have follow the guide of Renethx on AVS and i didn't succees at first try, i must be uninstall haali when is present i can't launch mt2s and graphstudio but without haali and trick the registry to put MPG MPEG in first list, It's WORKS :)

So thx to shotek and renethx for your help :)

Now i can see and play m2ts in MP :)

Seb.

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, i have follow the guide of Renethx on AVS and i didn't succees at first try, i must be uninstall haali when is present i can't launch mt2s and graphstudio but without haali and trick the registry to put MPG MPEG in first list, It's WORKS :)

So thx to shotek and renethx for your help :)

Now i can see and play m2ts in MP :)

Seb.

Do you have a link for me to this guide?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Does anyone know, if other audiocards than the Xonar, supports bitstreaming of these formats? Seems a bit wild to get a Radeon 5xxx just to watch your casual BD-movie and besides, the Xonar is a full-height card (which won't fit my half-height HTPC).

The Auzentech is also a full-height card, and ridiculously expensive, so that's a no-go.

And, if other cards support bitstreaming, will it be possible to send this to an onboard HDMI, say like Radeon HD 3200 or 4200?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    So...going through the guide on AVS should actually enable playing back Dolby TrueHD through any HDMI-capable GFX? Sounds almost too good to be true :D

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does anyone know, if other audiocards than the Xonar, supports bitstreaming of these formats? Seems a bit wild to get a Radeon 5xxx just to watch your casual BD-movie and besides, the Xonar is a full-height card (which won't fit my half-height HTPC).

The Auzentech is also a full-height card, and ridiculously expensive, so that's a no-go.

And, if other cards support bitstreaming, will it be possible to send this to an onboard HDMI, say like Radeon HD 3200 or 4200?

I use the Xonar DX (PCI-E slot). If I remember correctly, it is half the height with excangable brackets.
    asus_xonar_dx_01.jpg
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom