How to bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA within MP (1 Viewer)

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is there a possibility to let ffdshow decode TrueHD and/or DTS-MA and send it to my receiver trough analog cables? A haven't got any HDMI on my AVR but I do have analog 7.1 ins. Guess I won't be hearing any difference from regular 1536kbs DTS though.

markrb

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Also since I am using m2ts files I am not using the haali splitter, but the MPC splitter.

Mark

yes, SAF use it too.

I was actually referring to the bug where haali is not disposed. If M2TS uses Gabest and not Haali then how could it be the Haali bug?

You have halli icon when playing m2ts files if you are use SAF? What version of SAF did you tried?

markrb

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    No icon I can see and I am using the latest beta23test4.

I am going to try a complete fresh install from Win 7 on before potentially wasting anymore of any ones time. This way I know I have a fresh system and no old registry settings or versions of software around. Although this is not an old build I have run many versions of SAF and ffdshow in it as well as MPC-HC. So just to be safe a clean install.

Thanks and will report back,
    Mark

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Does anyone know, if other audiocards than the Xonar, supports bitstreaming of these formats? Seems a bit wild to get a Radeon 5xxx just to watch your casual BD-movie and besides, the Xonar is a full-height card (which won't fit my half-height HTPC).

The Auzentech is also a full-height card, and ridiculously expensive, so that's a no-go.

And, if other cards support bitstreaming, will it be possible to send this to an onboard HDMI, say like Radeon HD 3200 or 4200?

Xonar hdav 1.3 slim is a low profile card that has the same functionality as the full height card (except for analog out). Works great for me (although I have experienced the same problem with releasing the codec. I use haali and arcsoft renderer).

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hey I see a new Haali splitter has been released with dolby truehd support. Anyone luck with this?
    Xonar hdav 1.3 slim is a low profile card that has the same functionality as the full height card (except for analog out). Works great for me (although I have experienced the same problem with releasing the codec. I use haali and arcsoft renderer).

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2009
    Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm i have something weird, M2TS with hd audio work fine but MKV with HD audio dont play in MP. MPC-HC plays them with no problem.

I tried setting H264 codec on MPC and FFdshow Video.

Anyone have an idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom