How to bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA within MP (1 Viewer)

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
I am having an issue with the fact that once a HD audio format gets played MP will not play any other format until I restart MP.
I followed the guide perfectly and have ffdshow rev 3195 along with MPC SVN build 1489 stand alone filters.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi markrb,

I have seen your post on doom9.
    I use ATI card and Xonar (for now not linked to my AVR) but it works.
    What version of MP do you have ?

At start i can't play m2ts in MP and Graphstudio (i must uninstall Haali and setup .m2ts to use MPC standalone filter MPEG) -> MpegSplitter.ax

And i use reg file for 32 bit Win7 :
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type\Extensions\.m2ts]
    "Source Filter"="{1365BE7A-C86A-473C-9A41-C0A6E82C9FA3}"

So now i can play HD Audio.
    I use Haali for MKV because with it and only version Beta1 i can use subtitle with Directvobsub with other SVN something is break. (i wrote message in thread of Last SVN about that).

I have seen your issue when i make a lot of my test, but i don't know how i resolve it (maybe something with Haali)
    I know that i change option in last Haali about "Use custom media type for H264 in output section" but for m2ts haali is not use.
    Also see Output section on ffdshow (like RGB32 or other).
    Did HD audio works good in graphstudio ?

Sebastiii.

markrb

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    I am using the latest SVN of MP 1-08-2010. I added that registry setting as well.
    I have both Haali and MPC standalone installed and the video starts and plays just fine. It's once it's over all it will play is the HD codec.
    If I play a standard AC3 video I can still play anything else including the HD codecs.
    I have never used graphstudio so it will take a bit to get up to speed on that.
    I used http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/10/setting-up-codecs-for-7mc.html as a guide to setup my system. The only changes were Arcsoft renderer for directshow and I stuck with ffdshow for DXVA video.

Mark

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Mark,

I didn't have this issue like i've read and for sure that i understand, it happen at first HD build ?
    Did you clean registry HKEY_USER and LOCAL for KEY GNU ?
    And made clean install to see if it's change something.
    I will try with Arcsoft Renderer to see what happen. And if you use other Renderer even if HD don't start ?
    Sorry if i didn't help very well.

Seb.

markrb

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    I think I will just have to wait until things stabilize with MP and ffdshow. At that time I will do a complete OS and MP re-install.

Mark

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I'll make more test this evening, good luck with your fresh installation :)
    Seb.

markrb

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Guys, SAF will install and do all the settings automatically.

I was pretty sure it would, but even with a clean install of the latest test3 of SAF I still get the issue were once any HD format is played the codec will not release and all I can play is something that uses the same HD codec until I exit MP completely and start all over. It doesn't seem to matter if I use SAF of manually install the newest ffdshow build. So I was leaning towards an issue with MP or my OS as people over at Doom9 are having success with the same hardware that I have. I have yet to test the 200 or later build.
    I am just trying everything I can to get this worked out. As it is the internal player for MP is pretty useless for me for HD audio. The arcsoft plugin works well, but there is something to be said for just having one application.

Mark

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Guys, SAF will install and do all the settings automatically.

I was pretty sure it would, but even with a clean install of the latest test3 of SAF I still get the issue were once any HD format is played the codec will not release and all I can play is something that uses the same HD codec until I exit MP completely and start all over.

That was MP bug and it was fixed in latest MP SVN...
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...aali-not-disposed-after-stopping-video-56153/

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Does anyone know, if other audiocards than the Xonar, supports bitstreaming of these formats? Seems a bit wild to get a Radeon 5xxx just to watch your casual BD-movie and besides, the Xonar is a full-height card (which won't fit my half-height HTPC).

The Auzentech is also a full-height card, and ridiculously expensive, so that's a no-go.

And, if other cards support bitstreaming, will it be possible to send this to an onboard HDMI, say like Radeon HD 3200 or 4200?

I use the Xonar DX (PCI-E slot). If I remember correctly, it is half the height with excangable brackets.
    asus_xonar_dx_01.jpg
    :D

Wait for low performance ATI 5xxx. Should be arriving here in Q1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom